Tribute to my brother...

Recap : lost both my folks months apart Jan March ‘18. My brother Lee October 19. A SIL not long ago.  FIL last week. Crap keeps coming hard. 
When I was very young roaming the woods of a golf course my Pop was superintendent of and both my brothers worked there I came across a large beech tree with “ I heard an owl call my name “ carved into it. It’s an interesting read that was published in 1967 I believe. Lee said he carved it many years ago. I could still lead you right to that tree. Lee passed October 29. November 2nd I grabbed my climber and headed out for the last few hours of daylight with the bow. It’s sunny and afternoon, I climb up and a barred owl chimes off close , then again. First and only owl I’ve ever heard broad daylight like this. Probably 20 minutes go by and I catch movement. A 4 point buck heading straight towards me. I up until now had only killed one deer ( doe ) with the bow and passed on numerous small bucks earlier in the year. But upon hearing the owl I new Lee had sent me this deer as a sign he’s looking over me. Buck enters and turns slight quartering away. I draw from 11 yards or so and release the arrow. Perfect shot resulting buck to go 75-80 yards and quickly expiring. Now every time I hear an owl I know Lee is looking over me. Carpe Diem was a favorite saying of his. So seizing the moment is something I’ve been trying to do more so. With this owl and his talons outstretched it’s like he’s ready to seize what ever falls upon him. Miss brother Lee every day 

1715DAE4-5D3B-44FD-927F-6532DBD69C41.jpeg

10E2008D-ABC2-410B-9C11-A9D4F751FFA2.jpeg

• Like 35
  • Thanks 3

Most Native Americans consider the owl to to be the go between, this world, and the spirit world. I was told this on my many trips to the reservation, where my grandmother was raised. I believe this to be true, and the owl has always been my "spirit bird".

The tribute to Lee is beautiful. He smiles down now, like he does whenever you hear the call of the owl, with your brothers voice on his wings.

• Like 1