Broadcast corn plot

Today I got in my second of two broadcast corn plots. I'm hoping these will be a good spot for the bucks to hang near come the holiday season this year. I have a field I lease out that is 14 acres that the guy that leases it put corn in also and it will probably be there until Christmas time or later as I'm the last place he will combine and the last corn he planted this year. Also I have a neighbor that has beans in this year and another with corn which I hope is gone before gun season this year. So anyway the deer in my neighborhood will be well fed. Here is a before and after shot. There is durana clover in the background I planted last fall with whitetail institute oats.

20210529_153756.jpg

20210529_161957.jpg

1 hour ago, E J said:

Today I got in my second of two broadcast corn plots. I'm hoping these will be a good spot for the bucks to hang near come the holiday season this year. I have a field I lease out that is 14 acres that the guy that leases it put corn in also and it will probably be there until Christmas time or later as I'm the last place he will combine and the last corn he planted this year. Also I have a neighbor that has beans in this year and another with corn which I hope is gone before gun season this year. So anyway the deer in my neighborhood will be well fed. Here is a before and after shot. There is durana clover in the background I planted last fall with whitetail institute oats.

20210529_153756.jpg

20210529_161957.jpg

Hope you dont have coon ,squirrels or oppossum.. or a bear

. My experiance any cornfield under and acre is wiped out before deer season especially in milk stage

The standing corn in my area late season absolutely kills us. The deer hide in there all and maybe if your lucky you'll get a peak at them 10 minutes before sunset. If one is left standing....the deer know it and lock down in there.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, G-Man said:

Hope you dont have coon ,squirrels or oppossum.. or a bear

. My experiance any cornfield under and acre is wiped out before deer season especially in milk stage

I would usually agree, but I have a unique situation where I am at now where there is such an abundance of food to eat for the critters that I can get away with it here. A few years ago I planted about an acre of soybeans and they weren't all gone by spring. The deer here won't touch any sort of brassica or radish. And its not for a lack of deer, just so much for them to eat.

8 hours ago, E J said:

I would usually agree, but I have a unique situation where I am at now where there is such an abundance of food to eat for the critters that I can get away with it here. A few years ago I planted about an acre of soybeans and they weren't all gone by spring. The deer here won't touch any sort of brassica or radish. And its not for a lack of deer, just so much for them to eat.

In that case I would be building security cover as thick as possible.   Jmo