My battle with Lowes

So my fridge conked out last week so I went and bought a new one at Lowe's.  When I bought it set up and paid for them to take the old one. 

On Wednesday they delivered the fridge and took the old one out and set it in the driveway and said the truck is full and we will be back later to get it. 

Ok no prob can understand if it's in the way for deliveries.   Well Friday and there is still a fridge in my driveway.  So I call and they said we will send someone tomorrow (being today -Sat) between 9-12 to pick it up.  

So I get a text confirmation from them at 9 this morn that they will be here in 20 minutes.  11:30 and fridge is still in driveway.  

I call again , on hold , get cut off.  I call back and the delivery Dept is gonna check on it and call me back.  An hour goes by and I am about to call and the phone rings.  " They will def be there this afternoon to get it".  Go to my Mom's for dinner come home and guess what fridge is still in the driveway. 

So I call again. They are now supposed to call me back again.  

Question is at what point do I go get my buddies trailer and dump it in their parking lot in the most inconvient spot possible?  

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

So my fridge conked out last week so I went and bought a new one at Lowe's.  When I bought it set up and paid for them to take the old one. 

On Wednesday they delivered the fridge and took the old one out and set it in the driveway and said the truck is full and we will be back later to get it. 

Ok no prob can understand if it's in the way for deliveries.   Well Friday and there is still a fridge in my driveway.  So I call and they said we will send someone tomorrow (being today -Sat) between 9-12 to pick it up.  

So I get a text confirmation from them at 9 this morn that they will be here in 20 minutes.  11:30 and fridge is still in driveway.  

I call again , on hold , get cut off.  I call back and the delivery Dept is gonna check on it and call me back.  An hour goes by and I am about to call and the phone rings.  " They will def be there this afternoon to get it".  Go to my Mom's for dinner come home and guess what fridge is still in the driveway. 

So I call again. They are now supposed to call me back again.  

Question is at what point do I go get my buddies trailer and dump it in their parking lot in the most inconvient spot possible?  

What were you wearing when you call them? ...sometimes you have to dress up a bit if if you want to stack the deck

https://www.theonion.com/dad-gets-dolled-up-for-trip-to-lowe-s-1819579611 

Got a call back and they are now picking it up tomorrow. Which is super convenient for me since its my Birthday and I have plans for the day. And if it wasnt and they don't pick it up by noon it would be on the trailer and I would 100 percent dump it in their parking lot.  

I am the nicest easiest going guy in the world until I'm not. 

So they tell me now that their driver walked and they are going to give me a gift card for my trouble.   

Amazing.  Can't wait for the call for a customer service survey. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Got a call back and they are now picking it up tomorrow. Which is super convenient for me since its my Birthday and I have plans for the day. And if it wasnt and they don't pick it up by noon it would be on the trailer and I would 100 percent dump it in their parking lot.  

So they tell me now that their driver walked and they are going to give me a gift card for my trouble.   

Good. Hopefully they come through.  If they do, it's not the bday gift you thought you would want, but it might be the best you've seen as far as Lowes is going to give you. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I’m surprised the scrapers haven’t takin it . We would take a stove outside after a stove fire and it would be gone before we left the scene . 

Am surprised too!have had a few thing i put out by the road and gone by morning!

24 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Enjoy the $10 card for your inconvenience lol

• Haha 1

@Robhuntandfish im going wait up until midnight just to create your happy birthday thread! Like people wait up on new year’s eve lol....just trying to take some of your aggravation away... i dealt with some BS with Home Depot a few times.  3 stoves...2 bathroom vanities etc.  enraging, especially when the employees do not know the difference from there ass to elbow 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bionic said:

@Robhuntandfish im going wait up until midnight just to create your happy birthday thread! Like people wait up on new year’s eve lol....just trying to take some of your aggravation away... i dealt with some BS with Home Depot a few times.  3 stoves...2 bathroom vanities etc.  enraging, especially when the employees do not know the difference from there ass to elbow 

Ok but don't be mad I didn't stay up to be sure. Lol.  After all I am gonna be even older.  

Plus getting up at 4:30 am to fish....

Then probably out to the GFs camp site for the afternoon. 

Eff Lowe's. Lol. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Ok but don't be mad I didn't stay up to be sure. Lol.  After all I am gonna be even older.  

Plus getting up at 4:30 am to fish....

Then probably out to the GFs camp site for the afternoon. 

Eff Lowe's. Lol. 

Dont worry I will fall asleep long before midnight, lol.  4:30am is when I need to wake up Monday through Friday now until Labor day.  You probably get up close to that now no?  Sounds like a great day, i hope you enjoy.

8 minutes ago, Piseco said:

If they just delivered a new fridge to you , how could the truck be too full to take the old one ? 

Right..that's what I said. And the new fridge is bigger than the old one. Apparently they would have to keep moving it to get the deliveries out and we're going to pick it up at end of the day. I was ok with that but that never happened.