No till NDA Soybeans, Sunflowers and perennial/annual clovers

My backyard plot fall planting of Cereal Rye, Crimson and Balansa Clovers being rolled and terminated over the top of the already broadcasted NDA soybeans, Annual and Perennial Clovers as well as Black Oil Sunflowers.. had a good rain after planting. Let’s see how it goes. We enjoy watching them from the house 210838890ae75f6f26a1209e03fbfdbd.jpg

a8ad3b9938be2f7c47e14020563d0fb9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What are you using for a roller/crimper?

Did beans last year over previous years Egyptian wheat stalks, came out well.

This year's beans I couldn't resist a quick till to break up corn stalks further.

Want to do more green manure plantings.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2021 at 7:48 AM, DDT said:

What are you using for a roller/crimper?

Did beans last year over previous years Egyptian wheat stalks, came out well.

This year's beans I couldn't resist a quick till to break up corn stalks further.

Want to do more green manure plantings.

This is just a poly roller. I roll over it twice. Then apply Gly to kill what the roller doesnt. Im building a bracket to attach to the roller frame where i can add a crimper above it, and use it just by flipping over the roller frame. Then the roller weight will push the crimper down to help crimp stems 

If that makes sense lol  

• 2 weeks later...

Another update..

Something I’ve never seen before. The beans are up and growing well, the ones closer to the edge anyways. All the beans out in the middle are turning brown and wilted.. thought they got eaten and wiped out while looking from the house window. Until I walked out to check. Nothing has been sprayed, no tracks no nothing. Even the volunteer corn and a few weeds that My plot bud up to, over the property line is brown yellow too.. but most the weeds and grasses are green.

Not sure what happened. But never seen this before. There’s even a few lambs quarter and pig weed popping up and actively growing in a few tiny spots in my no till.

Anyone have an idea? I’m guessing a airborne fungus or root disease maybe? I have knowledge on seeds and plant life but none really on diseases. The two sides of my plot that bud up to a hedge row are green and growing. Until about 50’ out they just turn brown yellowish color. Can’t tell that wel but it almost looks as if they may slowly be turning a little green again.
Guess a few more days will tell..

Thanks in advance
8334d4aaa8c9d92d4229b1be9424ed5b.jpg
eed5e374dd73834a3e9a6ec20d57e37e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1