Pheasant Hunting At Stewart State Forest.

Looking forward to getting over to Stewart State Forest this October  with ABBEY to kick up some Cackling Rooster Pheasants.

She absolutely  Loves To run through Corn Fields to Flush those Pheasants up. 

She loves those Rockwalls as well. Going from side to side.

I only got out twice last Fall because of car issues- but this year,I  have a solid high off the ground- Front Wheel Drive SUV.  

Now Stewart State Forest has to be the Mecca in New York for Pheasant Hunting.

It can be hard to park at a Prime Field. But Pheasants get kicked into the Wetlands as well as when,I  was hunting a overgrown Field and the Pheasants got driven down to the Stick Pond. -- CACKLE- CACKLE- BOOM!

Funny Story- about 12 years back or so,I  was parked on Maple Ave. Now That area is Prime for Deer, Turkey,Pheasants, + Rabbits as well.

I was out this day looking for Fall Turkey as back then the opening g date was still October 1st for Fall Turkey.

I came out to my Truck for Lunch and was going to go back in for a few hours.

Now in another hunter parking area on the opposite  side of Maple Road stood a Bow Deer Hunter. I could tell he wanted to turn into my parking spot when,I  left. 

He wasn't  happy when the sandwich  came out. Followed by Gatorade.

Back in,I  went after a bit. Now the Combine had just recently come Through probably  the afternoon before. Soon as,I  entered that Cut Corn Field- there stood a Huge Doe. She was Chomping down good on a Half Corn Cob at 20 Yards. She did not see me right away because Good Turkey Hunters have quiet Feet. I could have Tackled her. No wonder that Bow Hunter wanted to hunt this side- lol! He would have Arrowed the Doe of a Lifetime.

Old Memories- looking to make some new ones with ABBEY.

CACKLE- CACKLE- BOOM!

• Like 1
Just now, ny hunter said:

Wish I had the time to join you

4 Months away. Getting ahead of myself like some Deer Hunters here.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

Looking forward to getting over to Stewart State Forest this October  with ABBEY to kick up some Cackling Rooster Pheasants.

I only got out twice last Fall because of car issues- but this year,I  have a solid high off the ground- Front Wheel Drive SUV.  

It can be hard to park at a Prime Field. But Pheasants get kicked into the Wetlands as well as when,I  was hunting a overgrown Field and the Pheasants got driven down to the Stick Pond. -- CACKLE- CACKLE- BOOM!

Funny Story- about 12 years back or so,I  was parked on Maple Ave. Now That area is Prime for Deer, Turkey,Pheasants, + Rabbits as well.

I was out this day looking for Fall Turkey as back then the opening g date was still October 1st for Fall Turkey.

Now in another hunter parking area on the opposite  side of Maple Road stood a Bow Deer Hunter. I could tell he wanted to turn into my parking spot when,I  left. 

Back in,I  went after a bit. Now the Combine had just recently come Through probably  the afternoon before. Soon as,I  entered that Cut Corn Field- there stood a Huge Doe. She was Chomping down good on a Half Corn Cob at 20 Yards. She did not see me right away because Good Turkey Hunters have quiet Feet. I could have Tackled her. No wonder that Bow Hunter wanted to hunt this side- lol! He would have Arrowed the Doe of a Lifetime.

CACKLE- CACKLE- BOOM!

Man, you sure like to make a big deal about parking and other hunters there...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Bodhi_308 said:

Man, you sure like to make a big deal about parking and other hunters there...

For a Dude who joined on May 11th and has a grand total of 23 content count- you already have been jabbing steadily  at Belo + Myself.

Here's the Deal-' you and Rowdy10 who probably  hung that Trail Camera next to the Stick Pond at Stewart State Forest- ( don't  think the DEC would approve of That)-- are just pissed  that ,I Turkey Hunt the same huge area of 9 or 10 Fields from the Rt.208 parking area.

Now- on to this Pheasant Thread. Obviously  you are going to be Bow Deer hunting this same huge area.

That's  Fine.

While,I  and plenty of others will be Pheasant Hunting this same area.

That's  the real reason you left your comment above..

It's  Public Land- Deal with it..

Unlike you and Rowdy,I  have 4 areas in NY to hunt. 2 you will never know about and 22,000 acre Sterling Forest is the 4th. All open Land.

Absolutely  No positive Threads or Posts from either of you- just sarcasm  + Jabs.

Already Blocked out Rowdy. I will try to ignore you.

1 hour ago, blackbeltbill said:

For a Dude who joined on May 11th and has a grand total of 23 content count- you already have been jabbing steadily  at Belo + Myself.

Here's the Deal-' you and Rowdy10 who probably  hung that Trail Camera next to the Stick Pond at Stewart State Forest- ( don't  think the DEC would approve of That)-- are just pissed  that ,I Turkey Hunt the same huge area of 9 or 10 Fields from the Rt.208 parking area.

Now- on to this Pheasant Thread. Obviously  you are going to be Bow Deer hunting this same huge area.

That's  Fine.

While,I  and plenty of others will be Pheasant Hunting this same area.

That's  the real reason you left your comment above..

It's  Public Land- Deal with it..

Unlike you and Rowdy,I  have 4 areas in NY to hunt. 2 you will never know about and 22,000 acre Sterling Forest is the 4th. All open Land.

Absolutely  No positive Threads or Posts from either of you- just sarcasm  + Jabs.

Already Blocked out Rowdy. I will try to ignore you.

Haha. You sure think you have everything all figured out. You mean the “jabs” that were a response to being more descriptive on why I felt season dates should be left alone. Must’ve said something someone didn’t like because I never got a response back. 

I don’t even know who rowdy10 is or about any cameras so not sure what even to say about that. Buddy. Not the only spot I hunt there so I can give to craps where you hunt.  No jealousy here. 

You’re missing the point of my post. Everything you write on here is about another hunter parking near you or calling near you. I think you need to realize it’s public land and just get over it like a big boy. Find another parking spot and move on. That’s what I do. You should try it. 

Not sure where or what land rowdy hunts but for myself, I hunt Westchester county all the way to northern zone as well as 2 other states in the northeast. All public. But I’m not going to get into a pecker measuring contest with you over how much ground I cover. 

In short, I was just telling you to get over the whole parking thing and it’s not a big deal.  But apparently I’m too negative considering you have a thread dubbed “parking wars at Stewart”. Sounds real positive there chief. 

Don’t think I’m being too negative rather you just can’t take being called out for whining nonstop about something that’s not even an issue. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
CACKLE- CACKLE- BOOM!

So it's ok when you take the spot for most of the day but you rant in the other thread (parking wars at Stewart I believe ) when bow hunter takes the one spot for a day
You rant all the time and how people do this and that ,bad turkey calling etc -You are a DRAMA QUEEN
You ll never hear me rant like that and if I did I could write a book about it
I just state the obvious -you bring the heat to Stewart than complain it's too many people there , now thats something !
And BTW HUNTING FIELDS YOU SAID ???HAHAHAHa -that how you get Stewart tag soup -best soup recipe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 hours ago, Rowdy10 said:

So it's ok when you take the spot for most of the day but you rant in the other thread (parking wars at Stewart I believe ) when bow hunter takes the one spot for a day
You rant all the time and how people do this and that ,bad turkey calling etc -You are a DRAMA QUEEN
You ll never hear me rant like that and if I did I could write a book about it
I just state the obvious -you bring the heat to Stewart than complain it's too many people there , now thats something !
And BTW HUNTING FIELDS YOU SAID ???HAHAHAHa -that how you get Stewart tag soup -best soup recipe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha. Yea. It’s only ok when he takes a spot for a whole day because he’ll brag about it. But god forbid it’s someone else then it’s a worthy to start a thread over.  If you need more land/spots or a longer season on Stewart then you might really need help. It’s 7k acres. Find a different spot and move on. 

• Like 1

I have good memories  of my Father hunting Pheasants over at Stewart in the late 1970s,I  believe.  It was a regular destination  for him over time. For me- Pheasants are a close 2nd to the wild turkey. 

COME OCTOBER. 

• Like 2