Mowing food plot.

Lower end of food plot had standing water.. I will probably  have to mow again all that I pushed over with the tractor tires. Trying to figure a different way to mow . Brush hogging just pushes the tall plants over after it cuts.  Mowing deck mows max 7 inches high. Farmer told me to try to leave it 10 inches . Thinking of buying a finish mower or a flail mower  modifying  wheels to make them taller.

On 6/6/2021 at 9:00 AM, Nytracker said:

Lower end of food plot had standing water.. I will probably  have to mow again all that I pushed over with the tractor tires. Trying to figure a different way to mow . Brush hogging just pushes the tall plants over after it cuts.  Mowing deck mows max 7 inches high. Farmer told me to try to leave it 10 inches . Thinking of buying a finish mower or a flail mower  modifying  wheels to make them taller.

Up rpm  on bush hog and adjust rear wheel , sharpen them blades  no reason for another mower  I've seen brushhogs mow lawns better than a zero turn. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1