Black powder hunting rifle in NYC

Versatile_Hunter

Everything I’m reading is saying there is no FFL transfer required for them in NYS. I purchased mine this past fall from someone who would have known and done it the legal way, and he just brought it to the house. 
*I just saw you said NYC, sorry, I have no clue on that one. 

Edited by Splitear
  • Like 1

I called the NYPD registry office a few years ago and was told they need to be registered. But the woman I was talking with had no idea what a ML was and may have just defaulted to "all long guns need to be registered".

Sorry I don't have a better answer.

• Thanks 1

Upstate a black powder arm can be purchased and delivered to your door. I have done it several times, most recently two months ago. Same for black powder and primers (you will have a hazardous shipping fee). Black powder pistols are another matter. Last I knew you did NOT need to license them unless you had components to load and shoot it.

Below is some information that details the ownership of "antique" or ML firearms. I am not sure of the source, but you can always back reference it. It sounds like you do not need to register black powder firearms (unless a loaded pistol/revolver).

Is a License Required for Black Powder or Antique Firearms in NYC? : NYguns (reddit.com)

• Thanks 1