Squirrel and Crow Hunter Wanted

We have an event coming up on March 29th where chefs will be cooking New York ingredients for a panel of judges in New York City. Two of the ingredients that we would like to use are squirrel and crow. After doing some research I found out that squirrel and crow can only be hunted and not sold on the market. So I am looking for someone that would be able to hunt red squirrel and crow for me. I would also need it cleaned and skinned as well. Please let me know if you are interested.

Thanks!

Red Squirrel can be hunted at any time as it is unprotected in New York state and Crow is in season until March 31st

I forgot about the red squirrel. And maybe I'm just wishing it was past March 31 cuz that would be closer to turkey season and out of the snow. Thanks for correcting me on both.

How many will you be needing? I live in the City, but honestly, red's by me are not that easy to come by. And the crows, kind of hit or miss. If you want to work something out, you can PM me. The season is coming to an end for me for hunting, since fishing is about to explode.

I remember as a kid a friend was going to shoot a crow. But before he did he called his dad & said that he was going to shoot a crow & would it be alright to eat it.............. his father replied if you eat a crow don't ever come home again !

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Andy 3F
      Was out doing some early season stalking and squirrel hunting. Early season is a blast as the critters are all gathering. Even tapped one with a acorn still in its mouth, and he never dropped it. I was all happy camper with my first bushy tail of the day back sitting on the log still as can be waiting for more when I noticed a black lump under its neck. I though possible injury, or tick, no this was another creature I hadn't encountered yet. The dirty "BotFly". Once the bot fly realized that its host was toast it started to back out. To my horror this large black maggot backed out of the squirrels neck and I promptly destroyed. (even more disturbing is that they are edible, and taste milky, no thanks). Looked it up online and these bot fly larva are in their late stage cycle at this time of year. Ticks are bad enough but bot flys are now up there on my list of horrible insects. These types of infestations are apparently common for tree squirrels. Who'd a thunk it. 
    • By BucksnBroads
      Hello, to all my fellow squirrel hunters. I have been tryingto think of a way to get this going so here it is.

Squirrel Competition Rules

This will be a 5 round competition. Rounds will begin Oct 1, 2013. each round is to start the firswt day of the month and end the last day of that month. Therefore we will have a round for October, November, December, January, and the Finals will be held in February.

if you would like to enter please log into facebook and find my page. you can search Bucks and Broads Hunting to find us. Like the page, send me a message with all your info, only info needed will be Name, Hunting region, DOB(year only), what firearm you are going to use.

If you are unable to use facebook, please include the info in a message to me on this site and i will relay it to set it up for contest.

To have an eligable kill- it must be shown in a picture with a tape measure showing an overall length from tip of nose to tip of tail. each squirrel will be placed flat on its belly to be measured. You must also have the date and time of each kill posted in a comment with the picture so we can judge it.

Any picture without date/time and location or hunting area will not count to overall score.

Each Squirrel will count as 2 points, the length will be the tie breaker. Remember NY Reg says only 6 squirrel bag limit per day. A Bonus of 1 point will be added for anyone who fills a bag limit in a day. If yo0u post more than 1 squirrel please have it marked in picture somewhere the number of the squirrel.

Red squirrel is not protected and will count twords a total but they will only count as 1 point each.

After I have a list of all parties interested I will create an Excel spreadsheet and have each hunters name on it to show a rolling total of squirrels, points and so on. I would like to keep this at a 20 team max.

If anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Dont forget to look our page up on facebook we need more like to get the word out about this and make it happen.

Thanks again.