Favorite hang on stands

Red

What are your favorite hang on stands that weigh around 14# or less?

I'm looking at the lone wolf assault and alpha 2.  Also the rivers edge light foot. Also XOP Guide gear and a few others.  I want something light but most of all something confirmable enough for all day sits and a stand that will last.

21 minutes ago, phade said:

Stands that are super comfy are not usually super mobile/usable. Even Alphas can be uncomfortable. Look at Dan Infalt's stand...it is $$$. 

I'd say LW Alpha and the Infalt stand.

6 hundo plus shipping i saw for the beast stand . 

2 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

6 hundo plus shipping i saw for the beast stand . 

Nothing is cheap any longer. Plus they're not really businessmen, cost be what it is.

That said, people shell out alot more $ to get a fraction of an inch better MOA grouping, or buy the latest bow that will be obsoleted in 6 mos. Buying a super mobile stand that likely provides 10-20 years of service doesn't seem so offputting.

It's certainly not a stand for the masses, but the masses also wouldn't use that stand the way it was built to be used. They're better off with the lower tier stuff. That is the fun part of hunting - you can be as recreational or as serious about it as you want. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, phade said:

Nothing is cheap any longer. Plus they're not really businessmen, cost be what it is.

That said, people shell out alot more $ to get a fraction of an inch better MOA grouping, or buy the latest bow that will be obsoleted in 6 mos. Buying a super mobile stand that likely provides 10-20 years of service doesn't seem so offputting.

It's certainly not a stand for the masses, but the masses also wouldn't use that stand the way it was built to be used. They're better off with the lower tier stuff. That is the fun part of hunting - you can be as recreational or as serious about it as you want. 

I agree , have you seen the tethrd one sticks that just came out ? Also pricey .

i have a couple cheap stands that are okay. i have a lonewolf alpha that is the one I like the best. it's silent and has been up for years. i check it every year prior to the season. this week i'm going to take it down though just because i should. it very well might go right back up in the same tree.

• Like 1

I've used cheap stands my whole life and some have been extremely comfortable. My favorite was the big game boss XL the platform and seat where give and comfortable. To bad they stopped making them years ago.

Last year I bought 3 hang on stands for under $100 each from dicks. Most comfortable stands I ever sat in but after the first sit in each stand the stitching on the webbed seat pooped and had to return all 3 stand.

I think I'm stuck between the millennium 100U and the Alpha 2.

21 minutes ago, Red said:

I've used cheap stands my whole life and some have been extremely comfortable. My favorite was the big game boss XL the platform and seat where give and comfortable. To bad they stopped making them years ago.

Last year I bought 3 hang on stands for under $100 each from dicks. Most comfortable stands I ever sat in but after the first sit in each stand the stitching on the webbed seat pooped and had to return all 3 stand.

I think I'm stuck between the millennium 100U and the Alpha 2.

I'm waiting on the M7 right now , i love the tree bracket on the millennium stands and the 8.5 pound weight of the stand sold me. 

• 2 months later...

This is my favorite hand-on stand.  It probably came from Walmart, about 20 years ago.  It attaches to the tree with a single 5/16" lag bolt and a chain.  It weighs about 13 pounds. 

The nylon seat rotted away after about 6 years.  I replaced that with a couple riveted on pieces of seat-belt, and a 1/8" wire rope wrapped around and cable clamped.  I carry in a cushion to put on that when I hunt from it.

I am not sure how it would be on all day sits.  I mostly just use it on opening day of gun season.  I have scored from it on that day for the last three consecutive years (that's why it's my favorite).

Last year was my longest sit, at about 3 hours.  It is only up about 7 feet, which is the height that I am most comfortable hunting at.  I got to get over there soon, and check that the chain is not growing into the tree.

20201203_194020.jpg

Edited by wolc123

• 1 month later...

Loggy bayou, the cheap seat. Sold in the late 80s for about 35.00 weighs 6 pounds.  I've hunted out of them for years. Lightest hang on by far. I'm 5ft 9, 190 and can sit in it all day. Hunting public land I've got to pack it in and out every sit. You can find them used every now and then.