How’s your boat ramps and lakes ,crowd wise ?

Nomad

12 hours ago, grampy said:

For some really good free entertainment, just go to any state boat launch around noontime on a weekend, to just sit and watch!!! 

I have seen a lot of that action.  The best was when we rented a house, right next to the Bemus point boat launch on Chatauqua lake, for a week in mid summer.  We did that for 3 or 4 consecutive years.  Lots of free entertainment for sure.  I remember the boat launch action from those years more than the fishing.

One day, a guy trailed in a big sailboat, that really pushed the limit of that little ramp, along with the patience of many of those lined up to get thier power boats in. 

It took him quite a while to get the mast up,  and lower some type of keel weight.  We could hear the yelling and swearing from inside the house, as we sat at the dinner table ("Fn stinkboater",  "Fn blowboater", etc.).

Edited by wolc123

Sorry guys you have never ever experienced a boat ramp other than Long Island. People just sit on the sides of the ramp to enjoy the show. Little boats all the way up to 23' go down the ramp and at times so do the trucks.! Once launching my 23 ' Stripper I turned the lock on the winch al it all locked up on a dead low tide ramp. Truck and rig started sliding in to the abyss. Luckily i released it and all came to a hault! 

22 hours ago, johnplav said:

Yep we’ve been seeing that on the friends of Webster FB page ,or something like that . I’ve been going there since the ‘70s when it was the Clam Shack ,Jack Daniels Then the Bayside !

It’s a safe bet that more people go to the Bayside now then will go to the “ park “ that replaces it . The town will build another building in its place ,but who will win the bid and what will they put in there ? Even if Baysides owners take over the new building it won’t be the same , but that’s the best we can hope for . 

our friends who went Friday night at well prime time had a 2 1/2 hour wait , ( on their boat ) I’d imagine it’ll get worse with everyone trying to,go as much as they can while they can .

Edited by Nomad

43 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Yep we’ve been seeing that on the friends of Webster FB page ,or something like that . I’ve been going there since the ‘70s when it was the Clam Shack ,Jack Daniels Then the Bayside !

It’s a safe bet that more people go to the Bayside now then will go to the “ park “ that replaces it . The town will build another building in its place ,but who will win the bid and what will they put in there ? Even if Baysides owners take over the new building it won’t be the same , but that’s the best we can hope for . 

our friends who went Friday night at well prime time had a 2 1/2 hour wait , ( on their boat ) I’d imagine it’ll get worse with everyone trying to,go as much as they can while they can .

Yea it definitely won’t be the same.  I heard they are reducing the number of parking spots on both sides of the road too.  Odd decision for sure.  

52 minutes ago, johnplav said:

Yea it definitely won’t be the same.  I heard they are reducing the number of parking spots on both sides of the road too.  Odd decision for sure.  

That’s messed up ,make the park area bigger to attract more people but less parking . Also , I watched the town board discussion on FB ,new dock and ,break wall all the way to the East end of the cove and around .

in my youth that area attracted a lot of shore fishermen from out of the area , the current cattails now prevent shore fishing , the new plan is likely to appeal more to, outsiders then town residents . 

It’s interesting , raise Lake Road and around the Restaurant, to,prevent flooding .yet what about all those homes between the Bay and the road just West of that spot ? Raise it all except the homes and they’ll take on more flood waters it would seem , it’s got to go somewhere .

13 minutes ago, Nomad said:

That’s messed up ,make the park area bigger to attract more people but less parking . Also , I watched the town board discussion on FB ,new dock and ,break wall all the way to the East end of the cove and around .

in my youth that area attracted a lot of shore fishermen from out of the area , the current cattails now prevent shore fishing , the new plan is likely to appeal more to, outsiders then town residents . 

It’s interesting , raise Lake Road and around the Restaurant, to,prevent flooding .yet what about all those homes between the Bay and the road just West of that spot ? Raise it all except the homes and they’ll take on more flood waters it would seem , it’s got to go somewhere .

Yea. It’s too bad.  Iv been to Bayside when the docks and lawn were under a foot of water… food, beer and music were all still good!