My shooting days are over.

Gobbler Chaser

59 minutes ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

If I'm letting a bullet fly it's gotta kill something now. Garbage Russian ammo I paid 4 dollars a box for only a couple years ago. I knew manufacturers were going to pull this crap when availability came back. They can keep it.

Screenshot_20210610-203420_Chrome.jpg

I get it..  won't spend that kind of money either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wolf is literally the most garbage ammo I've ever had the misfortune of shooting. Every shot jamming in my multi thousand dollar pistols. It's built for commie guns and those honestly are the only ones that should shoot it

#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 2

With What nys is in he process of passing I give it 6 months to a year and ammo will be really hard to find right along with gun parts...they are making gun shops liable for what people do with ammo after they purchase and banning all unregistered gun parts that you can get  and making gun makers liable 

Edited by silent death
  • Like 1

This article doesn’t go into the details that another one I read did , that one said of the 2/3s who want more ammo one half said they wanted “ a lot more “ with the other half just saying ,” more . Rather odd vagueness for a survey . Considering the “ average “ gun owner bought two boxes a year, theses numbers wanting more or a lot more equal years of normal demand all condensed into right now . It’s nice that guys are seeing ammo showing up here and there , but I don’t expect loaded shelves for sometime .

Throw in some riots , mass shootings , more gun control bills and all bets are off .

https://www.americanrifleman.org/content/survey-indicates-ammo-shortage-likely-to-continue/

I loaded up enough to get me through the next two-three years from a hunting perspective short of .410 field loads for squirrels and what not.

I went through a heck of a time getting Accutips at the end of last summer and so I made a decision to just get what I need for a few years.

Target shooting isn't something I've done in a long time - my time at the range is more geared toward sighting in and being capable when the time arises. I get that target shooting can make one better, but at a certain point it becomes shooting for fun and hitting paper. I take that target money and put it elsewhere in my hunting budget, so to speak. I am the same way with bows nowadays. Three bows total since 2009, with the third being just this past season for more of a purpose hunt (lightweight and short ATA for midwest hills). 

57 minutes ago, phade said:

I went through a heck of a time getting Accutips at the end of last summer and so I made a decision to just get what I need for a few years.

I’ve been looking for those in 20ga for a friend , I’ve seen Hornady SST , and a few other sabots in 20ga . I’m not sure how many he has , but I’m thinking he may want to grab something else while he can .

59 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I’ve been looking for those in 20ga for a friend , I’ve seen Hornady SST , and a few other sabots in 20ga . I’m not sure how many he has , but I’m thinking he may want to grab something else while he can .

Is he looking for 2.75 or 3"? I know I have a few boxes that I could spare. 

3 hours ago, DanD said:

Is he looking for 2.75 or 3"? I know I have a few boxes that I could spare. 

Ha , I don’t know lol ,guys ask me to look and I don’t always think to ask those things . If you need anything let me know perhaps we could swap .

I have access to a lot of handgun ammo, centerfire  rifle and shotgun ammo, but that tends to run towards law enforcement stuff . 

1 minute ago, Nomad said:

It’s a pity so many haven’t learned from all the past shortages and runs on ammo and stacked it deep when they could . 

I have a fairly decent stash, but if I get back to occasional shooting it won’t be long before I no longer do. Stash has been added to since this pic.

B761459F-2582-4CB4-90D7-105E85241850.jpeg

• Like 6

On 6/11/2021 at 3:01 PM, Nomad said:

I have 12 boxes now and my hunting partner has at least another 10 boxes so we're covered for a few years. Last year I spent two rounds - one on the range and one on a buck; thankfully no adjustments needed.

I've come across alot of SSTs, actually landed two cases of the 20g 2.75 and down to last 15 boxes to move and they'll go fast when I post them available later this week.

Thankfully my Ohio trip allowed me to find some decent 243 and picked up 10 boxes. That made me feel good as that was hard to find for several months in any quantity in the same brand/bullet construction. 

• Like 1

My friend just said he had enough accutips for now , and doesn’t want to get involved in trades and such atthis point , but thanks Don .

Thats a nice pile Phade . My whole point in these ammo threads is to perhaps push some into seeing the wisdom in having a good supply of ammo and other consumables on hand at all times .

My sil is here for the week, her thing is EMP ! Honestly that’s low on my list of concerns , but supply chain interruptions , randsomware and just hacks in particular are concerns . 

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1