Do you think this should be legal

phantom

Funny how NY the state that I've been hearing for the last 50yrs is supposedly failing and people are running from has consistently had the highest long term investment return on real estate since the 1950s Homes in the Hudson Valley are selling within days of hitting the market for almost double what they were selling 2 yrs ago, if you can even find one to buy. As far as this Imbecile Clucker Carlson is concerned I have yet to see progressive anti 2nd amendment organizations buying up homes everywhere to turn into rentals, rubbish at best

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

Funny how NY the state that I've been hearing for the last 50yrs is supposedly failing and people are running from has consistently had the highest long term investment return on real estate since the 1950s Homes in the Hudson Valley are selling within days of hitting the market for almost double what they were selling 2 yrs ago, if you can even find one to buy. As far as this Imbecile Clucker Carlson is concerned I have yet to see progressive anti 2nd amendment organizations buying up homes everywhere to turn into rentals, rubbish at best

Well ,its no secret that people are leaving ny is record numbers .

• Like 2

It's funny, one of the top political posters and among those always whining about rights being taken away is upset on how others spend their money? Sure, lets make it illegal for people who can afford inflated prices to buy a house, because that makes sense.

Next we can barge into the automotive sales market and make it illegal to buy a car with any bells and whistles because people seem to like those frilly things on vehicles.

Buyer: "I'd like the heater included with my truck."

Dealer: "I'm sorry, we can't do that because some ass hat passed a law about options on new trucks being illegal."

Doesn't anyone think anymore?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DirtTime said:

It's funny, one of the top political posters and among those always whining about rights being taken away is upset on how others spend their money? Sure, lets make it illegal for people who can afford inflated prices to buy a house, because that makes sense.

Next we can barge into the automotive sales market and make it illegal to buy a car with any bells and whistles because people seem to like those frilly things on vehicles.

Buyer: "I'd like the heater included with my truck."

Dealer: "I'm sorry, we can't do that because some ass hat passed a law about options on new trucks being illegal."

Doesn't anyone think anymore?

I was just asking the question . Its up to sleepy  joe and his minions  to figure it out anti trust laws already on the books . But you know what will probably happen the housing market will collapse little guy gets crushed and those big companys that jack up the price that created the bubble and donated to sleepy joe will get a bailout . 

https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/09/antitrust-law.asp

11 minutes ago, eaglemountainman said:

Whatever the market will bear. Like it or not, that's capitalism. You're free to buy or not buy, but keep gov't out of it.

O agree , my issue is  that these are just politically connected   companys who already have deals to get bailouts from the government if there real estate investment goes bad and that is the only reason they are buying .

Unlike everyone else who buys  with no  guarantee from big daddy gov  that they are getty there money back if things go bad .  As long as they are  playing by the same rules .I don't have a problem with it  .

Edited by phantom
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

I don't know you see more new yorkers  in florida then in new york these days lol 

Then you got nyc folks  that got flushed out of there to outskirts because of covid19  and what they are doing with the cops .

Edited by phantom
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, phantom said:

I was just asking the question . Its up to sleepy  joe and his minions  to figure it out anti trust laws already on the books . But you know what will probably happen the housing market will collapse little guy gets crushed and those big companys that jack up the price that created the bubble and donated to sleepy joe will get a bailout . 

https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/09/antitrust-law.asp

Isnt that what happened before? The banks loaned out everyone money to buy inflated houses and when the housing market declined they didnt think they had to keep paying their high mortage payments because their house was worth half what they paid ,and did the adult thing and took jackhammers to the inground pools ,smashed the granite counter tops ,ripped all the cupboards out before the bank took the house back they stopped paying on. 

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Isnt that what happened before? The banks loaned out everyone money to buy inflated houses and when the housing market declined they didnt think they had to keep paying their high mortage payments because their house was worth half what they paid ,and did the adult thing and took jackhammers to the inground pools ,smashed the granite counter tops ,ripped all the cupboards out before the bank took the house back they stopped paying on. 

Yep they are pulling the same old racket looks like . 

Edited by phantom

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I don't know you see more new yorkers  in florida then in new york these days lol 

It’s crazy the number of friends we have that moved there . Then there’s three other couples we know , two went down for part of the winter ,one owns a condo the other rents . They came back up, where it was still masks, and closed this and that , one sold their NY home and bought one in Fla sight unseen ,well his sister there checked it out . The other came back to masks and closers ,and the politicians talking about a large fossil fuel tax and said F this state , he’s retired but his wife still works ,when she retires,their moving to their condo, and trying to get their adult kids to relocate too. 

My hunting partner and his wife have been going for a bit in the winter and working from “ home “ for a few years ,they own a condo there . Next year they’re leaving after Thanksgiving  ( if he has a good buck by then ) coming back in May. Her Mother and sister have both moved there and I can see them moving soon as he retires ( part owner of a factory.)

As far as housing our oldest did very well buying one here two Marches ago, the issue is like in the article, she could sell for way more, but then you’re in the same boat of paying more if you can find one .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 2

I can tell you one thing new yawkers. I've heard the Fix News noise machine predicting the end of NY way too many times in my lifetime. Remember Glenn Beck and Bill Oreally talking about NYC and NY becoming a ghost town and how we would collapse after 911. Many loyal Faux News minions in Queens, Long Island, Brooklyn couldn't list and sell their homes quick enough on Bill Oreallys and Fox News predictions only to see them triple in value a year later. Never bet against NY. You'll lose every time

1 hour ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

I can tell you one thing new yawkers. I've heard the Fix News noise machine predicting the end of NY way too many times in my lifetime. Remember Glenn Beck and Bill Oreally talking about NYC and NY becoming a ghost town and how we would collapse after 911. Many loyal Faux News minions in Queens, Long Island, Brooklyn couldn't list and sell their homes quick enough on Bill Oreallys and Fox News predictions only to see them triple in value a year later. Never bet against NY. You'll lose every time

It's called federal assistance .

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 1