New Yorks Latest Crossbow Legislation News

I read all the entries on this post and I came to one conclusion. Seems the Bow Hunters Assn. thinks they have the right to make decisions for all hunters. I take exception that this organization speaks for me. I have been hunting deer with a recurve and compound bow for 40 plus years and do not own a crossbow. Would like to see crossbow be included into the archery season. Just my opinion

Thats just what these guy's would like you to believe, but there is a large percentage of rifle hunter out there that wouldn't like to see the crossbow in archery season!! In fact they would like to see no archery season at all!!

Thats just what these guy's would like you to believe, but there is a large percentage of rifle hunter out there that wouldn't like to see the crossbow in archery season!! In fact they would like to see no archery season at all!!

And that is one reason why we should not be acting like or perceived as a bunch of elitists, which is exactly the image that NYB and their ilk exude.

And that is one reason why we should not be acting like or perceived as a bunch of elitists, which is exactly the image that NYB and their ilk exude.

If the NY Crossbow Coalition and NYB don't let out all the fact that's exactly the image the both give!!

Quoting "large percentage"...what does that mean to you? A majority? 10% 30% I don't know one "Rifle hunter" that is against it or against archery season. where are you getting your numbers?

NYCC is not showing an elitist attitude. They are not the ones banging their fists and trying to say that they dont want other archers in their archery woods, or that their choice in weapon is better than another. NYB on the other hand, is doing exactly that, making them elitists, and dividing archery hunters into 2 groups that constantly fight and argue about which type of bow belongs in the early season. Divide and conquer, thats their tactic.

There is only one way to find out how the hunters of this state feel about crossbows. Have the DEC put out a servey questionare when you purchase your 2012-13 license. Each hunter would be asked a few questions that would be asked and their answers would be entered into the computer at the time of purchase.

Received a reply from Senator J. Seward about use of crossbow during archery season, S6747- Senate approved it, Assembly did not pass.

Owing to Assembly failure to pass, Legislature opted to extend current law permitting use of crossbow during regular (fireams) Big game Season

I don't see the allowance for senior or disabled only - either it is archery equipment and should be open to all in bow season or it is not and shouldn't be. My believe has changed in the last 4 or 5 years from no crossbows to full inclusion - and I hunt with a recurve.

All bows in bow season.

All guns in gun season.

the words of an unselfish hunter. we need more like you.

There is only one way to find out how the hunters of this state feel about crossbows. Have the DEC put out a servey questionare when you purchase your 2012-13 license. Each hunter would be asked a few questions that would be asked and their answers would be entered into the computer at the time of purchase.

Yep. Too simple for NY though lol

• Like 1

Culvercreek- it didn't pass. We beat you gadget geeks this year and we will do it again the next time you support crossbow legislation. Do us all a favor and stay in the gun season. Serious bow hunters don't need you dorks stumbling around the woods with weapons that take no skill and do the work for you.

Good day! Two articles for your reading pleasure.

Essentially nothing changed from the previous law. Crossbows are legal during firearms and late muzzleloading seasons for deer and bear only. This years legislation extended this through 2014. This does not mean we will not be pursuing this again in January, but the extension did keep crossbows as legal hunting implements although heavily restricted.

http://www.outdoorne...down-in-Albany/

Elliott Column.pdf

Culvercreek- it didn't pass. We beat you gadget geeks this year and we will do it again the next time you support crossbow legislation. Do us all a favor and stay in the gun season. Serious bow hunters don't need you dorks stumbling around the woods with weapons that take no skill and do the work for you.

Wow, you "serious" bow hunters have so much integrity...

Culver is a bow hunter, along with many of us crossbow supporters. You elitists are losing the game. You do realize that right? You already lost the fight to keep crossbows out of NY, so now you try and change your position to just keep them out of early archery season. Guess what? DEC wants them in early archery, and so do many hunters in NY. You will lose that fight as well.

• Like 1

We aren't losing any fight. Crossbows are allowed in gun season because we didn't oppose the legislation BECAUSE THEY ARE GUNS.

quote]this guy with only 6 posts is just one of the ole we hate crossbows guys who has been on this site for years and has just reinvented himself with a differant screen name, seems to be a trend here lately, im pretty sure i know who this is by his writing style and will report back when im sure to bust em like i just did recently with growsalot, she was an easy one. sad how when you live a life of shame you have to hide your true identity and work from the shadows, LOL.

Man I have no idea what your talking about! I have NEVER changed my screen name nor tried to hide who I am...seriously you need to get a life SITs...I also believe Paula told you it wasn't me with the last accusation...Leave me out of your rants on others

Im not working from the shadows or "hiding my identity" at all. I'm completely comfortable with my position and cause in this matter. My name is Bill Hunter. My phone number is 315.383.0733. Id be happy to further discuss any of theae issues in person. My career is dedicated to environmental and conservation causes.

I've been a recurve archer since the age of 6. I've spent a considerable amount of time in Alaska and went to college in Montana. I've spent a few years in Europe as well. This experience has afforded me the ability to know that NYS is close to making the wrong move with the crossbow issue.