Whatcha using to clean the barrel when using 777

rob-c

Honestly, i have used 777 for quite a number of years, and would just as soon use blackpowder...easier more reliable ignition, and despite supposedly not needing the care of black powder, I think 777 requires the same clean up. I do think it buys you some time before you have to do a thorough cleaning. BP immediatly...777. maybe later that day.

Some guys use just windex with their black powder guns too. There are alot of different home agents that work. With my rifles (primarily black powder now, ) I have found just using hoppes black powder solvent/lube works fine. BUT both my inlines with 777 and the blackpowder, I prefer hot soapy water (boiling out of the kettle hot) . It takes about as long, the hot water heats up the barrel and after a few dry patches it is bone dry. Then I run a good wet soaked patch with hoppes down it, being sure to check it each day or so for a week.

I have been shooting in a bp league about weekly this year. As I am shooting more and seeing what other folks are doing, I am trying different things too. Especially with the lesser residue of the 777, I can see how the windex could be appropriate. I used a similar home made brew that worked well, but go back to my preferred Hoppes.