Looking for a Remington model 7400 or 750

luberhill

1 hour ago, GreenDrake said:

Ever consider a Browning BAR?  I had one 7400 and now own 5 BAR’s. Remmy was heavy, unreliable and not pleasingly accurate. Just a thought. I could have had a bad one but I was very happy when I sold it. One of only 3 guns I ever sold. 

Humm well is the BAR available in 243

I’ve never shot one, but the BAR is supposed to be a darn good gun. I’ve handled a few at auction, and they feel pretty good on the shoulder. Like anything that JMB designed, it’s a classic. It probably is going to cost more than either of those Remmy’s though. 

4 minutes ago, Splitear said:

I’ve never shot one, but the BAR is supposed to be a darn good gun. I’ve handled a few at auction, and they feel pretty good on the shoulder. Like anything that JMB designed, it’s a classic. It probably is going to cost more than either of those Remmy’s though. 

I am willing to pay

4 minutes ago, luberhill said:

I am willing to pay

I’ll keep any eye out for any for sale. The auction here in Ballston Spa has them come up for sale every once in a while. Nothing this month, but I’ll let you know if I come across one in .243. 

There are 3 Browning Bar 243 on gunbroker .  One is with the boss system which I never used . They are very loud and never really saw the benefit of one on a hunting rifle . There is another one with a fancy finish on it and the price is outrageous at $2300 +

The third one looks nice if you like an all camo finish . Says its only had a few rounds fired through it and comes with a caliber specific Cabelas scope . Its not an expensive scope

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/900986983

51 minutes ago, SportsmanNH said:

There are 3 Browning Bar 243 on gunbroker .  One is with the boss system which I never used . They are very loud and never really saw the benefit of one on a hunting rifle . There is another one with a fancy finish on it and the price is outrageous at $2300 +

The third one looks nice if you like an all camo finish . Says its only had a few rounds fired through it and comes with a caliber specific Cabelas scope . Its not an expensive scope

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/900986983

I like that camo one ,, so is 1300 a fair price ??

It’s high as all firearms are right now, really, it’s more than what that gun should cost new (though I don’t know what the scope is worth, but I wouldn’t think that much). However, you’ll be lucky to find a new one in stock anywhere, especially with being so specific on caliber. 
I just hope these crazy freaking prices level off and come down at some point. 
Like my Uncle Tom used to tell me, something  is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Splitear said:

It’s high as all firearms are right now, really, it’s more than what that gun should cost new (though I don’t know what the scope is worth, but I wouldn’t think that much). However, you’ll be lucky to find a new one in stock anywhere, especially with being so specific on caliber. 
I just hope these crazy freaking prices level off and come down at some point. 
Like my Uncle Tom used to tell me, something  is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. 

What do u think it sold for new

10 minutes ago, luberhill said:

What do u think it sold for new

The current camo production ones (I don’t know which the Gunbroker one is) show up for a little over $1200 new, but I couldn’t find any listed in stock anywhere. 
https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-gear-gun-supplies/modern-sporting-rifles/browning-bar-mk-3-mossy-oak-break-up-country-semi-auto-rifle/p/p52839

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, luberhill said:

I like that camo one ,, so is 1300 a fair price ??

LL Cote just sold 75 Browning Bar MK3 30-06 rifles with wooden stocks for $1299 on Gunbroker and their shop in Errol NH. They were sold out in less than 3 weeks. Beautiful rifles !

So I think this one , even as Splitear pointed out on his post with a $1219 price from Sportsmans Warehouse out of stock inventory , those guns didn't come with a scope or rings. The scope on that Gunbroker listing is only worth $119  and the rings could be maybe worth $30 . Since the gun is listed as only had a few shots fired through it , it probably is a fair price for the times. The Browning price is not going to go down from $1219 no matter what dealer is selling them. If anything , the SW price is already discounted some.