what taxidermist?

Red

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Louis Spina. Used to be in Rome, NY but he's moved. I think he's in Deansboro now but I haven't had a reason to go to him since he moved. He's done two for me, one for Dad, one for my brother and one for a good friend of mine.

I don't know Gatto, but I never understand the rush about getting something back. You are going to have the mount the rest of your life.

Agreed. Gatto does amazing work, so for us the wait is worth it. The reason that he takes so long is because he does good work.

Fins to Feathers in Farmingdale...... AMAZING

Richie is also a sponsor of the site and a good guy!

I've looked at his website several times. Wasn't too impressed with his lifesize mounts nor his fish. Maybe his work is better in person? If so, he should have different pictures taken.

I use Andy Kindash in Mahopac. Everyone I know uses his and he does great work and has good prices but does take a while.

I actually grew up in Mahopac, but never heard of him. My Dad still lives in Mahopac.

Does this guy have a website? I've always used Kurt Fox.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

I've looked at his website several times. Wasn't too impressed with his lifesize mounts nor his fish. Maybe his work is better in person? If so, he should have different pictures taken.

I actually grew up in Mahopac, but never heard of him. My Dad still lives in Mahopac.

Does this guy have a website? I've always used Kurt Fox.

Gee, I guess I should give up taxidermy since YOU don't like the photo's on my website. I am sorry that you don't like them, some are old, some are new, but I am not a professional photographer, and would rather spend my time mounting customers' work than sprucing up photo's that you may or may not like. The website seems to get me enough work to keep me busy, so I won't complain. I mount well over 100 wt shoulder mounts every season, somewhere around 200 birds, as well as the fish you don't like, and lifesize of course, ranging from squirrels to bear. OOPS, I almost forgot about the African pieces that come in occasionally...

I get many new customers each season, some through the website, some not. I also have a display in every Dicks Sporting Goods on Long Island, that Dicks has requested, I did not solicit. I have also been offered locations upstate and in NJ, but don't feel that individuals will travel that far on average for taxidermy.

I have done many mounts for NYSDEC, USFWS, Theodore Roosevelt nature center, Fire Island National Seashore, Ducks Unlimited, Delta Waterfowl, etc..As well as mounts for Paramount Pictures, Silvercup Studios, and rentals of mounted animals for TV commercials and shows such as Zero Hour[coming soon] and Law and Order Criminal Intent.

As you can see, I keep pretty busy. I keep a roof over my family's head, and food on the table, so I'm happy.If the website doesn't make you happy, then by all means, stop visiting it. Realistically, you aren't going to travel from Westchester to Farmingdale to have something mounted when you use Fox studio's anyway,are you? Maybe you should spend a few less hours on the computer researching taxidermists, and actually visit the studio's you are interested in, and view the work in person before typing away on the internet...

Back to work,

Regards,

Rich

Gee, I guess I should give up taxidermy since YOU don't like the photo's on my website. I am sorry that you don't like them, some are old, some are new, but I am not a professional photographer, and would rather spend my time mounting customers' work than sprucing up photo's that you may or may not like. The website seems to get me enough work to keep me busy, so I won't complain. I mount well over 100 wt shoulder mounts every season, somewhere around 200 birds, as well as the fish you don't like, and lifesize of course, ranging from squirrels to bear. OOPS, I almost forgot about the African pieces that come in occasionally...

I get many new customers each season, some through the website, some not. I also have a display in every Dicks Sporting Goods on Long Island, that Dicks has requested, I did not solicit. I have also been offered locations upstate and in NJ, but don't feel that individuals will travel that far on average for taxidermy.

I have done many mounts for NYSDEC, USFWS, Theodore Roosevelt nature center, Fire Island National Seashore, Ducks Unlimited, Delta Waterfowl, etc..As well as mounts for Paramount Pictures, Silvercup Studios, and rentals of mounted animals for TV commercials and shows such as Zero Hour[coming soon] and Law and Order Criminal Intent.

As you can see, I keep pretty busy. I keep a roof over my family's head, and food on the table, so I'm happy.If the website doesn't make you happy, then by all means, stop visiting it. Realistically, you aren't going to travel from Westchester to Farmingdale to have something mounted when you use Fox studio's anyway,are you? Maybe you should spend a few less hours on the computer researching taxidermists, and actually visit the studio's you are interested in, and view the work in person before typing away on the internet...

Back to work,

Regards,

Rich

Congrats to you. I never said anything about how your business is doing. I am entitled to my opinion and I stated it. This thread is people's opinions about taxidermists. I even gave you the benefit of doubt. There are pictures on Kurt's website that don't look great, but look different in person.

I never said anything about your birds or whitetails. I talked about fish and lifesize mounts.

I assume the 2 fish below are supposed to be a largemouth bass and salmon, but both look extremely unrealistic in my opinion.

post-871-0-30496900-1354718322_thumb.jpg

post-871-0-72927000-1354718708_thumb.jpg