what taxidermist?

Red

Geez Finfeathr, in my opinion Biz's post didn't warrant such a harsh response and as a business owner, I don't think you did yourself any favors by blasting him for his rather innocent personal observation. I don't have a dog in this fight but I'd be apprehensive to take something to you based solely on your response. You might have been better served saying something to the effect of...

"Yeah, photographs are sometimes tough and I admit I don't spend alot of time on sprucing up my website. I have a ton of repeat business and happy customers and I'd love to have you in my studio to see my work in person. Thanks for the interest".

But hey, you're entitled to type whatever you like.. I'm just saying.

• Like 1

Geez Finfeathr, in my opinion Biz's post didn't warrant such a harsh response and as a business owner, I don't think you did yourself any favors by blasting him for his rather innocent personal observation. I don't have a dog in this fight but I'd be apprehensive to take something to you based solely on your response. You might have been better served saying something to the effect of...

"Yeah, photographs are sometimes tough and I admit I don't spend alot of time on sprucing up my website. I have a ton of repeat business and happy customers and I'd love to have you in my studio to see my work in person. Thanks for the interest".

But hey, you're entitled to type whatever you like.. I'm just saying.

Thank you. Glad somebody agrees with my approach. I never bashed his business.

"I've looked at his website several times. Wasn't too impressed with his lifesize mounts nor his fish. Maybe his work is better in person? If so, he should have different pictures taken."

All I said is that I wasn't very impressed and even gave him the benefit of the doubt that his work might look better in person. I never suggested you "give up taxidermy". Learn how to take criticism. Nobody is perfect. Of course there are thousands of better taxidermists than you, and thousands of worse taxidermirsts than you.

I actually grew up in Mahopac, but never heard of him. My Dad still lives in Mahopac.

Does this guy have a website? I've always used Kurt Fox.

I guess he is in Carmel, on Carmel Road. Not sure why but I can't find a website. I've been there before though. Legit place.

Speaking of fins to feathers, what ever happened to the 2011 buck contest prize of getting a mount from them?

Anyone use Whites Taxidermy in Hancock or She Wolfs Taxidermy in Roscoe?

Don't know..I wasn't running the contest, just offerring a prize..whoever won is entitled to the mount..

Thank you. Glad somebody agrees with my approach. I never bashed his business.

"I've looked at his website several times. Wasn't too impressed with his lifesize mounts nor his fish. Maybe his work is better in person? If so, he should have different pictures taken."

All I said is that I wasn't very impressed and even gave him the benefit of the doubt that his work might look better in person. I never suggested you "give up taxidermy". Learn how to take criticism. Nobody is perfect. Of course there are thousands of better taxidermists than you, and thousands of worse taxidermirsts than you.

I have been in business for 30 years, and taking criticism is one thing, but you go a little far, in my own opinion, I wasn't going to even reply to your original post, but I have bitten my tongue on other responses and comments you have made in the past on other threads concerning taxidermy. It seems you are an expert of sorts, or at least of viewing and critiquing websites. Let's face it, we are never going to agree, and that's ok. I just firmly believe that someone who posts comments about a business that sponsors this site based solely on a few photos that were taken with a point and shoot quite a few years ago is doing so in poor taste, that's all. I am entitled to my opinion every bit as well as you are yours.

Regards,

Rich