White hen?

mowin

So a few weeks ago I was mowing a clients lawn, and seen a white with darker bard markings feather. Figured it was a fluke...

Two week ago I seen another all white feather with bark barbs.   

Today I was at the same client. I have to park on the road as there's no way to turn the truck and trailer around at the house.  I park on the road 500' from the house.

As I rode the mower up to the house,  I see a white blob heading to the woods, with several fuzz balls following.  OMG it a while colored hen with several poults.  Long gone before I could even think about grabbing my phone.  Asked my client if I could place some cameras, and she said no.  I'm almost thinking of hiding some cameras, but this is a highly end client.  

• Like 1

You can get normal colored, white, black and I think redish colored ones.

White (Leucistic)

All-white turkeys are often confused as albinos. When I harvested my white hen, I immediately noted that the eyes weren’t pink — not a legitimate albino. 

“Birds displaying all-white plumage are not true albinos unless they have pink eyes,” Hatfield shared. “There isn’t a clear color-phase definition for these birds, but we do know that they lack pigment almost entirely.”

https://www.nwtf.org/hunt/article/what-causes-color-phase-turkeys

Edited by Sir-diealot
  • Like 1