2021 Bow Season Count Down

Red

bought some arrows ....and.....thats it.  Prob take bow out to check it over soon.  Then start shooting a little in late July/ early August. Used to shoot all summer but all i do is get in my own head with tweaking.  I will shoot a few times and then lets go.  Pack is still ready from last season and already restocked with some cleaning gloves.

I will have to wash hunting clothes and then hang them in my little hunting gear shed - prob early August.   

new thing to this years list is food plots.  Will start those end of July/early August .  Whatever weekend looks best around there. 

• Like 2

My bow plans are already being challenged by work, ha.

Had plans to be in Missouri for a week mid-September. Work during the day remote and hunt the PMs for an early season chance. We're returning to office early September so the chances of me now being able to work remote for the week as a leader will be difficult and not received well. We'll see, but low odds that is going to happen.

Looks like first action will be late September for Ohio archery season.

Don't have a ton of prospects here in NY. Running into challenges on each property that are diminishing success odds for shooter bucks. My time hunting NY might be more casual/recreational than I like but it is what it is. Plus we really only have one buck targeted from last year that we know made it through the season. One target is the lowest we've had in a few years. Having multiple target bucks survive the past season has been the biggest indicator of success for us in the following year, bar none. A bit nervous on that front.

Not to mention work has plans for me in November and that is just hurting my soul right now. Trying to finagle my way out of it without screwing up my career.

Ohio holds some promise despite low deer density.

F4E3C60E-64EF-4F35-B400-03361E85E107.jpeg

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Otto said:

@BowmanMike

@Robhuntandfish

I am hoping to go to Cassety Hollow on Sunday, probably meet around 9 or 10am.  Let me know if you want to join up.  I shoot with a few guys that shoot traditional, but they don't stink eye anyone with a compound. 

I would like to shoot Cassity hollow but I have 2 graduation parties that day to attend.  Corey's sons is that day too at the state park. 

Good luck shootin..  would they give me stink eye if I brought the crossbow?  

• Confused 1

Same as Rob I use to shoot all summer long and shoot 100+ arrows at a time then I would get in my own head and start moving things.

I'll start shooting very soon but with feeling beat up and exhausted from work I usually only shoot 12 or so arrows each time I shoot.  My oldest son will be 12 in August so I need to work on getting him prepared to hunt a few times this year. He plays ice hockey so he won't get out much but he's pumped to get out whenever he can.

I'm thinking about trying my first out of state hunt. Probably gonna try Ohio's muzzle loader season in January.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Red said:

Same as Rob I use to shoot all summer long and shoot 100+ arrows at a time then I would get in my own head and start moving things.

I'll start shooting very soon but with feeling beat up and exhausted from work I usually only shoot 12 or so arrows each time I shoot.  My oldest son will be 12 in August so I need to work on getting him prepared to hunt a few times this year. He plays ice hockey so he won't get out much but he's pumped to get out whenever he can.

I'm thinking about trying my first out of state hunt. Probably gonna try Ohio's muzzle loader season in January.  

Same here but I'm going to PA for early bow and go back during their gun season if we don't get any during bow.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Otto said:

@BowmanMike

@Robhuntandfish

I am hoping to go to Cassety Hollow on Sunday, probably meet around 9 or 10am.  Let me know if you want to join up.  I shoot with a few guys that shoot traditional, but they don't stink eye anyone with a compound. 

I don't think I can make time this weekend,I am trying to get all materials assembled for re-siding 60% of my house. 

Im prepared for a well deserved roasting and possible even a lifetime ban from the site after I type this......

Im going to Disney from 11/2-7. My entire extended family is going and with school/sports/college thats the only week that works for everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Im prepared for a well deserved roasting and possible even a lifetime ban from the site after I type this......

Im going to Disney from 11/2-7. My entire extended family is going and with school/sports/college thats the only week that works for everyone

It sounds like you have reached the point in your life where you finally got your priorities right.

15 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

We are going to need you to take out the Bambi character with a traditional recurve  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

assuming this is on the docket...Fishing in Disney World's Filled Bass lakes (2019, Central Florida Fishing)  - YouTube

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Family first,have a great time.

46 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I do believe I will be there also during that time... Maybe meet up for a Disney beer!

• Like 2