Leupold scope coming in the mail

dbHunterNY

So I have really no complaints with the basic reticle 3-9x40 Nikon scope I've got on my 30-06. That said I have a Leupold VX-Freedom 4-12x40mm coming in the mail. It's got CDS which I don't know how much i'll use and then the Tri-MOA reticle that has 1 MOA hash marks for elevation and windage.  Any have any experience with this scope? You like it?

• Like 2

They make a good scope no doubt. I use DOA/BDC reticles on my shottys for the most part and they work well.

That said, people can get very into accuracy. No doubt. I like simple and easy to use for hunting situations.

I have a 2x fixed power Leupold scope which has seen heavy use since 1969. Zero problems. So, bought another Leupold late last November similar to yours in 2.5X 10. Has features I don't use, I do better when I keep things simple. I have taken it the a range several times with no issues, no woods time...........yet.

I'm a leupold  guy . I bought one of the freedom scopes last fall 3×7 to go on my BLR 308. That said it was ok . Just felt like turrets weren't posative locking and I don't think it was as clear as the older  vx1 .. rifleman .. or vx2. I will upgrade  as soon as I find the right  scope . Kind of hard to find at  this moment. .

I am a huge Leupold fan, and mostly have VX 3s, but have a couple of VX 2s, which they discontinued for ...I think, the freedom line. Last fall I bought one in 2-7 for my new .308. Optics are fine, but the adjustments arent as positive (clicks) as the old VX2s or 3s. 

• Like 1

It was delivered. glass seemed decent with edge to edge clarity. Seems very light weight but I don't know if I should say cheap feeling. Clicks aren't hard and solid but tactful enough to know they happened. Didnt come with dust caps. Went to mount it up and had a set back. Front scope base was lose and then broke the head off the screw with very little effort when I tried to reinstall everything and torque it to specs. Gotta make a fastenal or hardware store trip now.
20210628_221910.jpg20210628_225238.jpg20210628_225425.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nice job and looks great!!! 

I have mostly Leupold scopes along with Zeiss and Nikon. All of them have the duel reticle, heavy on the outside, fine in the center. This seems to fit nicely for me and my hunting applications. Easy to pick up the target quickly, then fine tune aim.

Nice job and looks great!!! 
I have mostly Leupold scopes along with Zeiss and Nikon. All of them have the duel reticle, heavy on the outside, fine in the center. This seems to fit nicely for me and my hunting applications. Easy to pick up the target quickly, then fine tune aim.
I've got a non gun owner friend that I've mentored and taken out shooting different types of guns. I went with him to pick out what ended up being a winchester xpr bolt action rifle in 6.5 creedmoor. I'll likely get him and I both dialed in at the range soon.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk