Snake ID

Vinny845

10 minutes ago, greensider said:

That’s not killing on purpose doing it on purpose because you are one of the people who are to ignorant to learn about them and how to identify them is just senseless 

Every snake needs to die..  

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Seems like I remember reading somewhere that fear of snakes was the second most common phobia, next to fear of heights... Snakes don't bother me much, but I sure do know what it is like to be afraid of heights...

100% Common Northern Water Snake. The milk snake will have a checkered belly.

As said above, they're harmless, and non venomous. But can be quite feisty when handled.

I'm more afraid of being twenty feet up in a hang on stand than any snake.

Oh....forgot to mention big ugly spiders! They make me squeel like a school girl!.....hehehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, greensider said:

Mowins answer is why i leave most forums just stupidly 

The irrational fear of snakes some people have has always made me laugh. I make rock walls and piles on the edge of my yrd to house the snakes. They eat alot of pests. Bugs mice and such. I have to rescue  some of my toads from them occasionally ( toads  make a racket  when they are being eaten) but besides that i like having them around. Waters tend to be a little hyper sometimes but if you give them their space they will go away. My girlfriend chased one of my garter snakes down with the lawn mower one time. I told her if she did it again we would see how she liked it lol. Hasn't  happened again. It saddens me to see supposed sportsmen and conservationists act this way.  We as a group are our own worst enemys.

• Like 1

im not overly fond of snakes but will say this i have alot of them around camp and they seem to keep the mice way down, maybe 2 or 3 mice get trapped in fall winter at thats all that is ever in camp, i think the snakes get the little ones as soon as there born have seen several times snakes with lil furless baby mice in there mouth

• Like 1