Oswego

Shoot, lost my reply.  The sub shop would be an economical choice, great subs but limited seating.  On the East side there is an assortment of fast food joints (Burger King, Wendys, Taco Bell, McD).  There is Azteca Mexican Restaurant on 104, East side.  Good food and moderately priced, not open on Sunday.  There is Canales Italian restaurant on the West side on Utica Street.  I would say fair food, perhaps slightly more expensive.  Both of those restaurants have lots of seating.  There is Fajita Grill on the West side, I have not been there in years.  There is the Red Sun on West First Street, generally more expensive, probably not what you are looking for.  There are not too many choices in Oswego.

50 minutes ago, jperch said:

Shoot, lost my reply.  The sub shop would be an economical choice, great subs but limited seating.  On the East side there is an assortment of fast food joints (Burger King, Wendys, Taco Bell, McD).  There is Azteca Mexican Restaurant on 104, East side.  Good food and moderately priced, not open on Sunday.  There is Canales Italian restaurant on the West side on Utica Street.  I would say fair food, perhaps slightly more expensive.  Both of those restaurants have lots of seating.  There is Fajita Grill on the West side, I have not been there in years.  There is the Red Sun on West First Street, generally more expensive, probably not what you are looking for.  There are not too many choices in Oswego.

Rudy’s lakeside 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, luberhill said:

Rudy’s lakeside 

Yes, a great choice.  Sit outside on picnic tables next to the lake and watch a sunset.  Primarily fish but you can get hot dogs and hamburgers.  The ice cream place that was mentioned above is called Bevs.  It can be busy at dinner time but you generally get your food within 15 minutes or so. 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! Apparently the girls want to have a nice dress up dinner one night so we are going to the Riverside banquet room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That’s why I suggested Alex’s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

More importantly; where can I catch a fish Saturday morning?

If you were thinking about a morning charter, T-K charters is  the best. Have been going out with  them for 16 years. Usually high boat most days. 315/796-2153. Captain Bob. If he's booked ask him for his  reccomendation.

shore fishing is along the  walkway on the western side of the river. Bring a long handled net. Or fish the shore in front of Fort Niagara. Smallmouth bass, perch and lots of gobys.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

More importantly; where can I catch a fish Saturday morning?

1 hour ago, Farflung said:

If you were thinking about a morning charter, T-K charters is  the best. Have been going out with  them for 16 years. Usually high boat most days. 315/796-2153. Captain Bob. If he's booked ask him for his  reccomendation.

shore fishing is along the  walkway on the western side of the river. Bring a long handled net. Or fish the shore in front of Fort Niagara. Smallmouth bass, perch and lots of gobys.

when he says long handled net - he means a looonnnngggg handled net.  Like 10ft - FYI .  That wall is high there.  Ive never fished the river in the summer but spring and fall are great. @chrisw knows it well.  

• Thanks 1

Dunno how it is in the summer, but big ones in there. I've fished this wall a lot years ago.  And yes a lonnnng handled net.  But a lot of times someone else will have one. 

Also looks up the regs there to be sure your using the correct thing.  But a float and a jig below it should work. 

I fished Oswego A lot when I was younger and we fished a lot from the Trussell bridge to the 104 bridge in the summertime and we used worms crabs and helgramites. I was there right around this time in July one afternoon on a Sunday and caught a 4 pound walleye a guy 50 yards up from me towards the Trussell bridge caught a 10 pound walleye  I was amazed.  By the way my advice is Alex is on the water for fine dining in Rudy’s can’t be beat for anything else it’s the best we love Rudy’s.  
PS we were using worms and worm harnesses floated with split shot off the bottom to get the walleyes and smallmouths.   Good parking on first Street Or second can’t remember enjoy and I hope you win the tournament

• Like 2