PA out of state fishing license question

dinorocks

Thanks for looking!  I’m heading to the Pocono’s for a week-long family trip and wanted to do some fly fishing for trout and bass.  I looked at the PFBC site for info on getting a non-resident license (7 days).  I see a “7-day Tourist” permit as well as a “Trout Permit”…would I need to buy both or does the “7-day Tourist” license apply to trout fishing too (including fishing in special trout streams).

Thanks!

Dino

I don’t know the answer but I do
Know if you help a kid (my boys were probably 6 or so when this happened) of yours fish from a dock on a private lake on the 4th of July early morning so they dont wake the house of hungover partyers, the PA DEC will come from across the lake via speed boat to write you a ticket because “you casted so you were technically fishing without a license.”
Congratulations “officer” you done great work that day making the lake a safer place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Know if you help a kid (my boys were probably 6 or so when this happened) of yours fish from a dock on a private lake on the 4th of July early morning so they dont wake the house of hungover partyers, the PA DEC will come from across the lake via speed boat to write you a ticket because “you casted so you were technically fishing without a license.”
Congratulations “officer” you done great work that day making the lake a safer place.

Poacher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, left field said:

Double check, but you may also need to display your license on your body similar to a hunting license here.

Negative....Although they still have some silly regs in PA, they quit that one a year or two ago...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crappyice said:

Sorry to derail ...

helping our young kids fish on pier at Fair Haven  state park, us dads have no,poles ,just putting on worms and taking off sun fish  from our daughters pink Zebcos . DEC cops ask for our lic. 

My buddy doesn’t have one and gets written up .WTF 

31 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Sorry to derail ...

helping our young kids fish on pier at Fair Haven  state park, us dads have no,poles ,just putting on worms and taking off sun fish  from our daughters pink Zebcos . DEC cops ask for our lic. 

My buddy doesn’t have one and gets written up .WTF 

I usually find DEC officers to be very reasonable but this does seem extreme.  I might suggest taking the pink Zebco pole to the judge and politely plea the case. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, jperch said:

I usually find DEC officers to be very reasonable but this does seem extreme.  I might suggest taking the pink Zebco pole to the judge and politely plea the case. 

All people are lazy by nature, and dec officers at no exception.  That is why they hang out at butcher shops during deer season, and public fishing piers in the summer.  The "father helping pink zebco girl" is a probably a high-percentage violation.

I imagine they are taught that one, on day one at the academy: "If you are struggling with your quota some month, look for a pink zebco".

Edited by wolc123

Ugh, so we are headed to PA to camp this weekend. I looked into a fishing license for myself but deemed it to be a bit much in the off chance the girls and I go fishing.

I then looked into what age range the kids needed a license and stumbled upon the regulation that even an adult assisting a child fish needs a license.

Needless to say the poles are staying home and I’m a bit disappointed.