Nothing like a Man Licker

"Style stock" that is, picked up this little CZ 455 22 with a beautiful fiddleback Turkish walnut Mannlicher Stock at a price I could not refuse, one of those deals that I have always wanted and finally got around to getting. Had a good Japanese vintage Simmons 22 mag scope laying around and mounted it up and bore sighted her. Going to be doing some rimfire shooting this weekend with one of my Sons and a couple of friends, should be fun.

Al

2021-07-08_111556.png

• Like 7

You have a way with words, Al....<<wink>>....

Nice rig, BTW...One of my most accurate rifles is a CZ  550  in 9.3 x 62...

A friend of mine has a CZ  452 in .17 HMR that I have borrowed a few times for squirrel hunting, and it is deadly accurate too...

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

You have a way with words, Al....<<wink>>....

Nice rig, BTW...One of my most accurate rifles is a CZ  550  in 9.3 x 62...

A friend of mine has a CZ  452 in .17 HMR that I have borrowed a few times for squirrel hunting, and it is deadly accurate too...

Yep CZ makes a nice rifle.  Only gun I regret selling was a CZ premium 30-06.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

One of my most accurate rifles is a CZ  550  in 9.3 x 62...

I have become a fan of CZ firearms, like you I have found them to be very accurate and of nice quality built in the old ways using walnut and steel, a great buy for the money. They have become a major player in the firearms industry acquiring both Dan Wesson and Colt.

I have an early 452 Lux 22 and it is a tack driver, also acquired a 527 years ago in 223, it is very accurate and I love that set trigger. There are no flies on their shotguns either as I picked up one of their Ringneck doubles in 28 ga and it is sweet.

I have been after a Mannlicher stocked rifle for some time in a 22 rimfire cartridge, The Ruger 77/22 and the CZs were the contenders and both are hard to come by these days as I believe neither are in production now.

The 455s are reputed to be not as accurate as the previous 452 but I think it will be accurate enough for squirrel hunting

Their current 457 models replaced the 452s and 455s and I do not care for their look at all. 

Al

• Like 1

First CZ was a Brno 602(458 lott out of a reamed win mag) and i traded for a CZ 550 full stock in 6.5x55. Added a 9.3x62, and a few rimfires in full stock. Couple are still nib.

Discontinued 550 for a push feed version as the vintage ww2 machinery is wore out and too much to replace. Some of the calibers are commanding a significant premium.

Thats a very nice stock on that rifle above.

• Like 1

Got the Man Licker zeroed in today, so far only tried one brand of ammo, Federal Match. She shows a lot of potential and has exceeded my expectations as Mannlicher stocked rifles are not known for fine accuracy, two five shot groups at 25 yds, good enough to splatter flies.;)

Al

2021-07-10_174948.png

Edited by airedale
  • Like 2