Garage Bar/Man Cave Ideas?

We are finally in the finishing stages of closing on our house, Since we are getting a 2.5 car garage on the property as well I'm looking for ideas for man cave/garage bar designs. The previous owners left me a beautiful beer fridge as well as a nice workbench space but I would love to build a small bar in the garage and make it a hangout space for the guys as well. I want to hear some ideas for DIY projects I could accomplish on the weekend.  I attached a picture of my inspiration as well.

Screenshot 2021-07-08 13.39.44.png

Screenshot 2021-07-08 13.33.13.png

dc8583946b32f555188d45c6e6af39b2.jpg

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

Oh and the [mention=5278]The_Real_TCIII[/mention] has a friend who has a nice garage bar. I don't want to post a pic without permission, but maybe he will for inspiration. 

Real nice, ATF just descended on him and trashed the place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, josephmrtn said:

We are finally in the finishing stages of closing on our house, Since we are getting a 2.5 car garage on the property as well I'm looking for ideas for man cave/garage bar designs. The previous owners left me a beautiful beer fridge as well as a nice workbench space but I would love to build a small bar in the garage and make it a hangout space for the guys as well. I want to hear some ideas for DIY projects I could accomplish on the weekend.  I attached a picture of my inspiration as well.

Screenshot 2021-07-08 13.39.44.png

Screenshot 2021-07-08 13.33.13.png

dc8583946b32f555188d45c6e6af39b2.jpg

Ain’t no way in hell you’re old enough to drink……….

Id pour a concrete bar top, its easy, cheap, and really cool looking. And corrugated metal and wood trim for the front and sides. Pro tip: frame it and dry wall it, it adds weight and stability cheaply. Then put the corrugated and trim over it. No need to mud it. The compliments youll get at the HNY Open House will make it all worthwhile!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 4

I'll caution you on that freezer being used in winter. When we moved into our current house I used the freezer for a nice buck I harvested.  The garage temperature got below what the freezer temperature was and inside the freezer actually thawed out . I ended up losing the contents in the freezer not just venison. That is the main reason I put heat in my garage ,now the freezer runs as it should as I keep garage temperature 55 to 60 most of winter. 

Sure looks like a sweet garage ,nice set up of shelving and storage would be in order .

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Much better pictures. I would put two stools on the lines and call it good.

ba852e43934e10b497615a3cffa144de.jpg
I’m a simple man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

your son would unplug that fridge

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sbuff said:

I'll caution you on that freezer being used in winter. When we moved into our current house I used the freezer for a nice buck I harvested.  The garage temperature got below what the freezer temperature was and inside the freezer actually thawed out . I ended up losing the contents in the freezer not just venison. That is the main reason I put heat in my garage ,now the freezer runs as it should as I keep garage temperature 55 to 60 most of winter. 

Sure looks like a sweet garage ,nice set up of shelving and storage would be in order .

Thanks for the tip I'll definitely keep that in mind with the freezer!

The first thing you'll need to do is insulate! otherwise it's going to be too cold 3/4 of the year! And once insulated you'll need to cover the insulation so it stays in place and doesn't get all torn up down the road. Then a small furnace or portable heater will be a nice. Maybe partition off a smaller area for the Cave, that way you won't have to insulate the entire garage.

Edited by 2012_taco
added text.
  • Like 1