Pond goin in on the zeeks homestead

Gencountyzeek

On 7/16/2021 at 12:18 PM, eaglemountainman said:

Looks like a nice size and depth. Will yours have a berm/dyke all around it, like your neighbor's, to keep pesticides and fertilizer from the ag field out?

We are going to have probably atleast 20' of lawn around the backside and eastside, between the house and pond will be all lawn...hard to explain but i feel there will be a good buffer between and spray.

Your kids are gonna love the pond.  We had 3 ponds growing up and made a ton of memories playing in them.  One was beaver pond that was full of bass.  Another one was right by the barn and perfect for skating in winter.  That one had bluegills and a few monster channel cats I put in there.  It was great when someone was fishing for bluegills and hooked into one of them.  

• Like 1

Looking awesome Zeek! We have one its in a somewhat of a horse shoe shape and a big berm so one side was always out of the wind.. ITs about 17ft deep in the center and probably 3/4-1 acre. Had it stocked well with bait and later panfish and bass and channels.. Until someone snuck a few Pike into it somehow and it put a big hurting on the fish population   

On 7/19/2021 at 6:36 PM, Gencountyzeek said:

Pond came up another 1ft over night, happy to see that. Sitting down tonight to figure out dock designs with the wife.

Hey thanks for letting me post my neighbors pictures of his pond. Din't mean to hijack the thread. I just thought it was cool they were pretty much at the same stage of Building it. Good luck with it!!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Fun fact of our pond, they moved 5000 yards of dirt! The digging is done, dock building will probably start this weekend.

I like seeing your progress pics! Always wanted to have a pond dug, but it never moved up our priority list. Hope you get tons of enjoyment out of it!

• Like 1

I'd work on getting some.more structure in it now , I did logs weighed down by rocks and lined them up with trees on bank so I know right where to fish.. pisses off my friends when I outfish them all the time...lmao

• Like 2

3 hours ago, G-Man said:

I'd work on getting some.more structure in it now , I did logs weighed down by rocks and lined them up with trees on bank so I know right where to fish.. pisses off my friends when I outfish them all the time...lmao

We added a bunch of rock formations, ill be making some artificial cover this weekend to drop in. And i have the last 4 years Christmas trees im thinking if sinking in there.

• Like 1