So that tall yellow plant that looks like queen Ann’s lace … ouch

luberhill

From what I have read once you are exposed it is very important to stay out of the sun!  (Otherwise bad scarring can occur.) We have Giant Hogweed around here and I don't know how to tell the difference between a small hogweed and wild parsnip, wild celery, etc.  Any big plant with large white flower tops I just leave alone or hit with roundup.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

Same applies 

17” biceps … man you Jap truck boys must have some beastly women or men you hook up with .

Ive been called a lot of things , but girly was never one of them …

I can only imagine the “ girls” you are used to 

Edited by luberhill

3 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

YIKES!! Just had to look it up, as I've never heard of it before! What can you do for it? Hope it gets better soon. 

It doesn’t hurt and I guess if I didn’t break the stalk it wouldn’t have bothered …

Its the sap that burns you … so I’m having a Peroine beer and cooking on the grill …

Got my girly arms covered :)

3C3B9952-BD90-40B0-A3C0-2AE1C6D1EBD1.jpeg

wild parsnip is  in the same family as giant hogweed, as is celery. Some folks react very badly to  it. Once you get it on you, get out of the  sun. Wear long sleeves, wide brimmed hat and a face shield when working with it. In northern Oneida County it is rampant. Same species  as domestic parsnip, but gone WILD. Root is edible (although somewhat woody). When weed whipping/brush cutting I'm covered up like a mummy. 

Make sure you do not rub your eyes!!!!

19 minutes ago, luberhill said:

17” biceps … man you Jap truck boys must have some beastly women or men you hook up with .

Ive been called a lot of things , but girly was never one of them …

I can only imagine the “ girls” you are used to 

I’ve been blessed ..

10 minutes ago, Farflung said:

wild parsnip is  in the same family as giant hogweed, as is celery. Some folks react very badly to  it. Once you get it on you, get out of the  sun. Wear long sleeves, wide brimmed hat and a face shield when working with it. In northern Oneida County it is rampant. Same species  as domestic parsnip, but gone WILD. Root is edible (although somewhat woody). When weed whipping/brush cutting I'm covered up like a mummy. 

Make sure you do not rub your eyes!!!!

Haven’t seen the sun in days ..

Im going to brush hog that ditch tomorrow .

The plants are 5 to 6 ft high 

I brush-hog acres of the stuff every summer, both with the tractor and the walk-behind.  I rarely get a spot here and there.  I know a number of people who have ended up in the hospital because of it with serious burns.  It's rugged stuff, but I prefer it to poison ivy.