Block 6x6 Target

I've been looking around for a target specifically for broadheads. I happened to be in Runnings and looked at what targets they had. They had Block 6x6 targets for $99 and after a price search, I saw that all other places were selling them for $110-$120. Then I happened to notice a stack of the same items for $69. They had a sign that they were marked down, due to "blemishes". They had scuffs and very minor dents in them, but that's it! I decided to snatch one up, knowing I would be putting a lot more "blemishes" on it anyways! :pleasantry: If you're in the market, check it out...

28-B506-CF-0140-42-F1-B543-A541-CB432-DB

6-EBAD40-E-A2-BF-4-EA1-B490-BB1253-A61-E

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, suburbanfarmer said:

Thanks for the tip, how difficult is the removal of the arrow from it?

Rhinehart are a pain to pull arrows from

I use a bag target for shooting field points that I love. Effortless arrow removal! Unfortunately, broadheads destroy it, so I needed a target just for broadheads. Since my broadheads shoot just about exactly like my field points, I really only need to take a few shots with by broadheads each year. Even if they are difficult to remove from the new target, thankfully it'll just be for a few confidence shots.

11 hours ago, suburbanfarmer said:

Thanks for the tip, how difficult is the removal of the arrow from it?

Rhinehart are a pain to pull arrows from

Nice deal C F!!!

I too often wonder how the dedicated "broadhead" targets work with 'easy' arrow removal??

I shoot fixed head 4 blade Muzzy's and before that, 3 blade Thunderheads. I have always used a hard foam target with added cardboard to stop the arrow, for broadheads. The arrow penetrates about halfway, (depending on thickness of cardboard). Then just unscrew the head and pull the arrow. A bit of a PITA actually, but I'm used to it after all these years. 

I do have field point bag, and block targets that work well for field points. Just wondering how something like these targets work??

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, grampy said:

Nice deal C F!!!

I too often wonder how the dedicated "broadhead" targets work with 'easy' arrow removal??

I shoot fixed head 4 blade Muzzy's and before that, 3 blade Thunderheads. I have always used a hard foam target with added cardboard to stop the arrow, for broadheads. The arrow penetrates about halfway, (depending on thickness of cardboard). Then just unscrew the head and pull the arrow. A bit of a PITA actually, but I'm used to it after all these years. 

I do have field point bag, and block targets that work well for field points. Just wondering how something like these targets work??

Unscrewing the broadhead and pulling the arrow out is exactly what I do as well. I just assumed I was doing something wrong but it worked for me. 

Now that I know a seasoned veteran like yourself does the same thing I feel better about myself.