This is getting very close to home

ApexerER

Saratoga police and BLM protesters clash on Wednesday night (timesunion.com)

This crap is getting closer to my front door. My 16 year old daughter got her first job in Saratoga. She is a hostess at the wine bar. She was scared to death with what was going on last night. Protesters throwing stuff, spitting on police, getting in peoples faces. She heard a loud bang and was positive someone got shot. I grabbed my .45 and both mags. Never carry the .45 or both mags and went and picked her up. Couldn't even get to Broadway. Had to walk a few blocks and a few blocks back to the truck.  Today is opening day of the track. Guess Saratoga wants to ruin their tourism. Who wants to go spend good money and put up with that?  I thanked every police officer i saw on the way in and out.  If this crap keeps up i'm going to make her quit her job. Just completely disgusted with the way this world is going.....Thinking i need to get her some mace for her purse.....

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

Saratoga police and BLM protesters clash on Wednesday night (timesunion.com)

This crap is getting closer to my front door. My 16 year old daughter got her first job in Saratoga. She is a hostess at the wine bar. She was scared to death with what was going on last night. Protesters throwing stuff, spitting on police, getting in peoples faces. She heard a loud bang and was positive someone got shot. I grabbed my .45 and both mags. Never carry the .45 or both mags and went and picked her up. Couldn't even get to Broadway. Had to walk a few blocks and a few blocks back to the truck.  Today is opening day of the track. Guess Saratoga wants to ruin their tourism. Who wants to go spend good money and put up with that?  I thanked every police officer i saw on the way in and out.  If this crap keeps up i'm going to make her quit her job. Just completely disgusted with the way this world is going.....Thinking i need to get her some mace for her purse.....

You did absolutely the right thing, to go and protect/pick up your daughter!! I would never think a nice town like Saratoga, could be swept up in all this kind of criminal activity. But I guess no place is safe anymore. So sad........

• Like 2

Fingers crossed for you . My daughters are on their own as adults , but this is one reason my truck is always gassed up, etc .

Rochester has / had many large festivals, COVID tanked many, but there were some late summer ones that could have gone on but didn’t . Why ? 
1. they hire off duty cops and pay overtime , but the city is short cops and the ones working get more OT then they want , so no cops .

2. the event organizers had to have a plan Incase the “ protesters “ showed up , this included a mass evacuation of the event , so basically impossible .

tomorrow we are going to a carnival in a somewhat rural town , to see my nephews band ,eat calms and so forth , we still avoid any events  in the city .

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Man that's crazy. Especially for it to be in Saratoga. I always thought of that area to be a nice quiet safe little town. 

Always has been.  Never in a million years did i think i needed to worry about my daughter working there. Its a very upscale place she is working at. 

We need to take the choke collars off the police so they can do their jobs. I felt terrible for them....

Edited by ApexerER
  • Like 5

Going to Chicago at SPAC Sunday.  Daughter lives like ten minutes away so I get valet service.

I wasn't planning to pack Old Betsy or be ready to hit a baseball at any given moment.

However I'm bringing the wife, the Redhead.  Protesters don't want to see her go atomic.

I'm betting this is nothing but a small group organized to stir up crap.  Micro Terrorism in a community known to be frequented during the summer by the affluent of NYC.   I don't look for trouble but I refuse to give into exactly what they want.  To raise fear where we live and to let them think they are in charge and under their thumb.   

• Like 3

It's everywhere it seems lately. They are getting bolder in where they start these riots ( I mean protests ). We avoid cities most times and especially at night. I keep hearing from a couple people I stay in touch with where we lived in Schenectady is really bad the last couple years, I'm glad we got out of there.

Mace is a good idea for just about anyone who doesn't have a CCP these days.

It used to be a loud whistle would be helpful, but now days I'd bet anyone who heard the sound would just run over and break out a phone to make a video instead of helping. It's a pathetic world we live in these days.

• Like 2

I hadn't heard anything about it, but that's a shame. Everyone is taking things to the extreme these days, and there are little to no repercussions. It's really a sad state. Regardless, I'm glad you got her out okay, and I hope things calm down. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

It's everywhere it seems lately. They are getting bolder in where they start these riots ( I mean protests ). We avoid cities most times and especially at night. I keep hearing from a couple people I stay in touch with where we lived in Schenectady is really bad the last couple years, I'm glad we got out of there.

Mace is a good idea for just about anyone who doesn't have a CCP these days.

It used to be a loud whistle would be helpful, but now days I'd bet anyone who heard the sound would just run over and break out a phone to make a video instead of helping. It's a pathetic world we live in these days.

Maybe i should get my daughter some mace.....

23 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

Maybe i should get my daughter some mace.....

Screw that . Get her some Bear Spray. The kind that will spray out to 40 feet and take down an 800 lb kodiak. Most of the Mace cans only spray out to 15-20 feet.  Should work great on the little maggot rioters. Jails need to be filled with these screwballs. 

Edited by SportsmanNH
  • Like 1

Never leave the house in today's world without a carry gun you never know what's gonna happen.. just the other day I seen a guy jogging down rt81 wearing a green bullet proof vest and I just shook my head... sad and scary times we live in today when ya cant even go for a run without bein in fear

Edited by silent death
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, SportsmanNH said:

Screw that . Get her some Bear Spray. The kind that will spray out to 40 feet and take down an 800 lb kodiak. Most of the Mace cans only spray out to 15-20 feet.  Should work great on the little maggot rioters. Jails need to be filled with these screwballs. 

i think a lot of those Bear sprays are illegal in NY.  And the way things are now she would end up gettign arrested and sued instead of the person that came after her.  

1 hour ago, blackbeltbill said:

This Shit continues and,I am getting my Black pullover Paul Kersey Hat and slipping out at 10pm.

Nah-- just noise above...

:scratchhead:

So you're going to pull out the all black and start the TLV- Turkey Lives Matter? Or are you finally going to come to the dark side and start listening to heavy metal and wear a black hoodie and walk around brooding?

40 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

i think a lot of those Bear sprays are illegal in NY.  And the way things are now she would end up gettign arrested and sued instead of the person that came after her.  

Less issues using mace or bear spray then using a gun to kill someone. In these times unless you prove without a shadow of a doubt it was justifiable you'd be doing time for some form of murder. Good luck proving there was just cause to shoot someone while in the street. Even in your own home you might still be in a world of hurt putting a round in an intruder. Have a look around at the news stories where a thief who broke into a house and got hurt sued the owner and won. Plenty of those cases long before this BLM hogwash started.

Ok the most recommend and trusted pepper sprays are Fox, and Saber Red . I much prefer Saber Red pepper GEL , it sprays father and is less effected by the wind , a major problem with the sprays .

Now being NYS you can only by those small key chain ones , and they don’t spray as far nor as often as the package says. So either by the larger size , I like the “ half can “ size and have it shipped to a friend outside NYS for shipping back to,you , or by out of state .

Now I did recently buy bigger cans off eBay ,that was shipped to my house here , so shop around till one doesn’t cancel your order, based upon address .

Buy a few ,you need to test at least one unit , to see how hard you need to,press it , how far and how much it sprays and practice aiming .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263038163240?epid=1900023037&hash=item3d3e4bd928:g:mmgAAOSwvGtdnJgP

these guys gave me a delivery date based upon my NY address .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, DirtTime said:

:scratchhead:

So you're going to pull out the all black and start the TLV- Turkey Lives Matter? Or are you finally going to come to the dark side and start listening to heavy metal and wear a black hoodie and walk around brooding?

Less issues using mace or bear spray then using a gun to kill someone. In these times unless you prove without a shadow of a doubt it was justifiable you'd be doing time for some form of murder. Good luck proving there was just cause to shoot someone while in the street. Even in your own home you might still be in a world of hurt putting a round in an intruder. Have a look around at the news stories where a thief who broke into a house and got hurt sued the owner and won. Plenty of those cases long before this BLM hogwash started.

Well yes of course . But if your going to carry one make sure it's one thats legal.  So that all that mess doesn't happen or at least less chance of.  But in today's world you are as likely to get arrested for carrying it no matter the reason you had to use it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GreeneHunter said:

Always thought of having a can of Raid , kills wasps / bees and I'm sure screw someone up whom is approaching inappropriately !

Bear spray will work on those animals 100x more than raid.........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Didn't know that. They sell them right on Amazon along with all the self protection and law enforcement grade sprays

1 hour ago, SportsmanNH said:

Didn't know that. They sell them right on Amazon along with all the self protection and law enforcement grade sprays

Most of them won't ship to NY if it's one of the illegal ones.  But like anything else if they sell it doesn't always mean it's legal. Can buy deer corn feed at Walmart and it's illegal to feed deer.  Throws a lot of people off. 

It's amazing what's illegal in NY. Slingshots with a wrist brace are also illegal. Gotta love NY. Lol. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

Here is the narrative that is exactly the opposite of what I saw.

61432.jpeg

These clowns are all phonies bought and paid for by BLM and George Soros . Reminds me of all the scumbags being interviewed by the leftist media during the Mike Brown shooting in Missouri claiming Brown was yelling " Hands Up ! Dont Shoot ! " and that Brown was shot in the back. Later on all that was proven as a lie just like this one. Peaceful protesters bullchit. I wonder when their big mob will show up and loot all the stores. 

I looked up the name of the moron liar making that statement . He is a known lying instigator and organizer of a lot of the bullchit going on in NY . This guy needs to go to jail

https://www.picuki.com/profile/dr.otisburg

Edited by SportsmanNH