Rain gear

Swamp_bucks

Lots available at decent prices.  I think my latest is North Face (it was on sale for $75 IIRC) and it's very lightweight but certainly not rugged.  I'd shred it in a morning of hunting but for running around town getting beer and cigarettes, it is the bomb.  :)

• Like 1

My SKRE stuff is teflon coated ,it repels water really well. It's guaranteed for life too, i bought just the plain grey stuff for field clothes and the threads got loose at the top of the pocket zipper ,they sent me a new jacket no questions asked

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 3

Cost is relative to some people. I'd be looking at store brands to try to reduce cost.

The older Gander TecH2O stuff was lights out. Been using Sitka for past two seasons. 

Cheap, durable, quiet and dry rain gear is a unicorn IMO. Usually you can find three of the four.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Atsko makes some pretty nice water proofing repellents. They work and won't break the bank buying them. It works on most fabric and it doesn't make quiet clothing get noisy. Might be worth looking into to make some of your current gear water proof.

https://www.atsko.com/clothing/

I used it on a jacket for when it;s pouring and the dog needs to go out and it help up for about a year, it would have worked longer but I didn't have enough to saturate the jacket like you're supposed too. I use it one our tents as well and it holds up for a few years before I have to re apply it.

Quite and rain gear doesn’t really go together. However Sitkas thunderhead and downpour are about as quite as you will get for a functional rain gear. That said they do not perform as well as hard shells for extended periods of time. I like them though if I am just in a day hunt. If am flown in or packing in a hard shell will always win out.