Rainy Day Purchases (BOREDOM)

Lawdwaz

Bored out of my gourd today.  Too much rain, wind and gray skies cost me money.............

Early this morning I ordered a RCBS kinetic bullet puller to replace one I broke 4-5 years ago.  After lunch I went to the mall with the Mrs. looking for some sporty shorts for me.  Turns out Omar the tent maker has left town, leaving me stuck at Macy's.  Got one pair there then came home and ordered 3 more from Dickies online.  After supper I shot some arrows in the basement and counted up my stock; 8 finished arrows ready to go.  Decided that won't cut it as the Academy Opening Day is looming and that place EATS arrows.  Ordered a dozen shafts, nocks and inserts. 

I (and my bank account) hope the sun shines tomorrow.

• Like 8

Went to the gun shop bought 100 rounds of 5.56 two, boxes of 7mm08 and 100 small pistol primers for Steve D . Looked online for a Honda Generator , but figure I’ll buy one at Runnings next week . Ordered some water purifier for the water we store .

The nights still young ...

• Haha 2

Was loading up on archery supplies as well tonight.
Made a few ebay purchaes for nocks, and some 3" vanes and 2" vanes. My dad wants some fletching colors changed and need to get my wife setup with some arrows for her new to her Diamond Razor bow which needs to get adjusted for her this week.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 7/18/2021 at 6:51 AM, DanD said:

Found a banner deal on gunbroker for 243 barnes ttsx rounds. More than happy to pay below normal asking price for factory sealed boxes. 

Good deal…..I’ve shot a bunch of deer with that bullet.  That 80gr slug punches way over expectations that others may have.  :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Good deal…..I’ve shot a bunch of deer with that bullet.  That 80gr slug punches way over expectations that others may have.  :)

my Model 70 absolutely loves that bullet. I've taken 7 deer with it. All pass throughs with the furthest making it maybe 70 or 75 yards. Wish they were a bit cheaper, but finding some for $30/box shipped to my door made me ecstatic given the current ammo situation. 

2 minutes ago, DanD said:

my Model 70 absolutely loves that bullet. I've taken 7 deer with it. All pass throughs with the furthest making it maybe 70 or 75 yards. Wish they were a bit cheaper, but finding some for $30/box shipped to my door made me ecstatic given the current ammo situation. 

That's a comparative steal in today's world.

• Like 1

It's not always rainy days. When I stopped drinking I found I had more expendable cash then I used to. So I have bought a lot of knives, for no other reason then I wanted to see how they worked. I now have a couple of drawers full and I rarely use about 1/2 of them.

Impulse buying can be bad.

• Like 2

On 7/18/2021 at 6:51 AM, DanD said:

Found a banner deal on gunbroker for 243 barnes ttsx rounds. More than happy to pay below normal asking price for factory sealed boxes. 

Man Id love to find that deal! Trying to find the bullet to load yourself is hard enough. I have some loaded tsx that shoot great. Would love to find some tipped though 

32 minutes ago, airedale said:

Here is mine, an ebay score on a 3X9 compact US Burris Scope. All I need now is a rifle for it BWAHAHAHA!:D

Al

2021-07-20_085219.png

I can think of a few nice options to match up with that scope!!

I better leave this thread right now!!!

• Haha 1

Well, the weather here has been pretty nice, and yet...

Last couple of days, I've won some auctions for an RCBS Uniflo powder measure with stand and an RCBS 5-10 scale. Also made a deal with a member here for a Rock Chucker press. Thanks, keeney143!  All are vintage and in pristine condition. I spent a bit of money, but saved a bunch also, and got better quality than the chinese crap. Still researching and shopping for a case trimming system and a hand primer, along with some misc hand tools and other bits. Then, finding consumables will be the tricky part.

Been wanting to get back into handloading for a few years now. Finally decided to make it happen, though my timing could have been a whole lot better...

• Like 2

Rain doesn't have anything to do with my purchases unfortunately. I'm 4 trolling rods/4 line counter reels deep already just this week! I've probably purchased $3k in fishing gear this year already.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Rain doesn't have anything to do with my purchases unfortunately. I'm 4 trolling rods/4 line counter reels deep already just this week! I've probably purchased $3k in fishing gear this year already.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

it sure drives up the price of those walleye fillets!  lol Damn boats and tackle and shiny stuff. 

• Like 1