Camping World Cancels Ads on Celebrity Apprentice because of Trumps Sons Hunting Trip

HectorBuckBuster

Seem like Camping World is Anti-Hunting.I would guess a huge amount of their customers are hunters.

Donald Trump's sons' bloody hunting trip in Africa last year didn't just put a dent in the local wildlife population -- it exterminated a lucrative advertising deal on "Celebrity Apprentice" ... by scaring away a big sponsor.

Camping World CEO Marcus Lemonis tells TMZ, the company's TV spots already aired on this season of "Celebrity Apprentice" -- but he insists, "I wouldn't spend another nickel with them."

Marcus adds, "I am totally disgusted by the [hunting] pics I have seen and was surprised to see them ... Money is spent but wow I'm really shocked."

As TMZ previously reported, Donald's sons (Donald Jr. and Eric) went on a hunting safari in Zimbabwe a year ago, killing several animals -- including an elephant, crocodile, kudu, civet cat and waterbuck.

I dropped a little note to them through their company suggestion email...

"I figured I would write your company about the recent news about your CEO speaking out against Donald Trump's sons hunting trip to Africa.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/donald-trump-jr-hunting-photos-celebrity-apprentice-camping-world-300635

As a past customer of your company, and an avid hunter and outdoor enthusiast, I am particularly shocked at the apparent anti-hunting stance that MrLemonis is displaying with his comments. As a company dealing with the outdoors, I would think that your corporate attitude would be different, considering that a sizable number (if not majority) of your customers are hunting and fishing enthusiasts. The risk of alienating your customers does not seem to make very good business sense to me.

I for one will never again patronize your company in any way shape or form, and I will make it a point to advise my fellow camping and hunting/fishing enthusiasts aware of your company's anti-hunting stance.

Thanks for your time."

• Like 1

Kind of makes me think...I would love to see a pinned topic that we could list companies like this so we could use that info when making future purchases.

That's a great idea!

By the way I also used their comment feature on their website to give them an ear-full on their wonderful marketing move.

I sent then a nice little email and this was the response I received

To clarify our position, Camping World as America's Largest Outdoor Company, believes in personal freedom. In this country, people are free to choose. This issue at hand is not about whether people should be able to hunt or not. Our company is neither for nor against hunting. We are for personal choice and having people enjoy the outdoors in whatever fashion they choose. However, in our opinion, if and when the hunting of endangered species occurs, whether in the United States or abroad, it is not acceptable to even the most avid of hunters. We remain strong in our conviction of preserving the outdoors, protecting our great country's lands and the freedom to choose.

Thank you,

Camping World Customer Care

I got the same copy paste response back from them. I sent them a response of my own basically showing them that they are full of you know what and have no idea what they are talking about. I also gave them a breif explanation as to the role hunting plays in the proper managment of animals.

Ill be spending a bit fixing up my project camper this spring, not a dime will go to Camping World, theres plenty of other sources for the things they carry. We were also talking about joining Good Sam this year, thats now out the window.