Pa camping?

Swamp_bucks

I have made a couple phone calls to places about camping during my hunting trip. Just trying to finalize lodging and had a quick question. 

My question for you can you camp right on the state game lands in PA?   I know on some NY stateland you can camp on without a permit or anything wasn't sure if the same can be down in PA.

generally speaking overnight camping is not permitted on most gamelands in pa.  state forest and national forest lands generally allow overnight camping in designated areas.  best advice is call the regional office in the zone you plan to hunt and talk to them.   depending on the area you should be able to find a private campground within a reasonable driving distance to the area you intend to hunt. 

where are you guys planning on going in pa?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, reeltime said:

generally speaking overnight camping is not permitted on most gamelands in pa.  state forest and national forest lands generally allow overnight camping in designated areas.  best advice is call the regional office in the zone you plan to hunt and talk to them.   depending on the area you should be able to find a private campground within a reasonable driving distance to the area you intend to hunt. 

where are you guys planning on going in pa?

North East just over the border from Binghamton.