Finally Bought a house Upstate

Danny

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Near Worcester and walked the woods and found this the first day, not bad at all  :)

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

When I hear upstate, I don't think of Worcester, lol. Either way, congrats on the property.  How many acres?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, mowin said:

When I hear upstate, I don't think of Worcester, lol. Either way, congrats on the property.  How many acres?

Not much at all a small piece but bordering 600 acres of state land 

800 6 minutes away, 13k in 20 minutes and befriended my neighbor that has 290acres :) 

Edited by Danny
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Danny said:

Not much at all a small piece but bordering 600 acres of state land 

800 6 minutes away, 13k in 20 minutes and befriended my neighbor that has 290acres :) 

Sounds like you have some fantastic options. Looking forward to seeing some pics this hunting season. 

Thanks bud, looking forward to a good year fingers crossed 

Just beyond the deck 50ft is the state land, local forest ranger is measuring out 500ft and posting “no discharge of firearms 500 ft of occupied dwelling”

my family will be up during hunting season I don’t need anyone shooting towards my house that you can’t see from 50 yards away 

7598B873-29E0-408F-88C9-FD736E15E2E1.jpeg

Edited by Danny
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Thanks bud, looking forward to a good year fingers crossed 

Just beyond the deck 50ft is the state land, local forest ranger is measuring out 500ft and posting “no discharge of firearms 500 ft of occupied dwelling”

my family will be up during hunting season I don’t need anyone shooting towards my house that you can’t see from 50 yards away 

7598B873-29E0-408F-88C9-FD736E15E2E1.jpeg

Curious. If you own the land, can you legally shoot? As long as you're 500' from your neighbor?

15 minutes ago, mowin said:

Curious. If you own the land, can you legally shoot? As long as you're 500' from your neighbor?

My closest neighbor is 800ft +

only person that can discharge a firearm (500ft for rifle, 250 for Xbow , 150 for bow) is the owner of the dwelling (without permission from owner)

not that I would but legally I can shoot off that deck, just not my style though 

Edited by Danny
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Whitetailhobo said:

Came thru Worcester today coming back from working in Richmondville . The local church there used to put on  a strawberry shortcake day every summer . Serving out on the front lawn . Nice area all around there . Congrats 

I know that area well, my buddy has a camp in summit (top of the hill) not far from what was the Red  Barn

Edited by Danny

Just now, Whitetailhobo said:

I was out in summit area today as well . Drove right past the lake and up the hollow road . Another nice area

Yep I hunted right off Charlotte valley road there an shot the biggest doe to date, she looked like a cow, no BS she dressed @ 140lbs

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Danny said:

My closest neighbor is 800ft +

only person that can discharge a firearm (500ft for rifle, 250 for Xbow , 150 for bow) is the owner of the dwelling (without permission from owner)

not that I would but legally I can shoot off that deck, just not my style though 

As mine. I own 8.2 acres. Have permission from all that border us to shoot.  Just can't do it. 

1 hour ago, Whitetailhobo said:

You should not have any problems finding good looking head gear out in that corner of Otsego County and schoharie county. A lot of wall hangers around from those areas. Decatur is another quite local area just over the hill from Worcester. 

I’m not far from Decatur :) 

Edited by Danny

On 7/23/2021 at 5:44 PM, crappyice said:

We leased a prop years ago. I’m convinced to this day that the realtor showing the property “planted” a shed in the soy bean field for us to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that would be a massive selling prop for realtors lol. anything in the country. drop a deer antler or two in the yard or woods and push them to do a quick tour lol genius! 

Under 500Ft for a firearm, 250ft for crossbow, 150ft for a bow. You need neighbors permission

beyond that you are OK

considering my house is within 100ft of the state land and you cannot see it approaching from 50 yards away as a safety measure the Forest Ranger is going to measure out the 500ft and post the state property with signs stating no discharge you are 500ft from an occupied dwelling....

Edited by Danny

On 7/23/2021 at 9:12 PM, Danny said:

I know that area well, my buddy has a camp in summit (top of the hill) not far from what was the Red  Barn

Got a buddy from Summit, on Hicks Rd. Nice area up there! Some nice bucks running the ridges in those parts! Congrats on the new place, and wishing you well during deer season! You are just a short drive out I-88 from me!