Finally Bought a house Upstate

Danny

1 hour ago, grampy said:

Got a buddy from Summit, on Hicks Rd. Nice area up there! Some nice bucks running the ridges in those parts! Congrats on the new place, and wishing you well during deer season! You are just a short drive out I-88 from me!

Thank You, Yep i'm about 4 miles north of 88 at 2100' elevation in the land of beef cattle and hay fields (gorgeous country). I walked the state land a bit didn't see much in the way of Oaks, tons of sugar maples and lots and lots of blackberries, about a 1/2 acre of them 100 yards from my house (tough walking through that though thorns and tangles, lol) 

Summit, I hunted off of Charlotte Valley Road on a friends 30 acres, (4F) your buddy is on the other side of 10 (4G) lots of big bodied deer. 

Edited by Danny
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
Just now, moog5050 said:

Very cool!  Congrats on the house and buck.   Shopping for a bigger home myself now and man does this market blow!  Even if you are willing to pay more than you should, there is really nothing to buy.  lol  Sounds like you did well!

When we bought our new place in May, we paid over asking price. But it checked all of our boxes and more!  We Love it!

Come east! Would love to have you as a neighbor!!!!

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Congratz on the house and the nice buck. Looks like a great setup and views! 

I'm not sure your upstate though, we will say northern NYC lol.

:) 4hrs from back home on Long Island far enough for me

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Danny said:

Hunted a lot during bow and saw 5 bucks total and 2 doe (all to far to connect)

the buck I shot during rifle in the photo is the smallest buck i have seen, and i haven't seen a deer since Nov 20th 

I bought property in 7R in 2008.  Got permission to hunt it before officially buying it.  Killed my best buck ever on that first day.  The hunting was all downhill from there.  Sold it a few years later and been in 4F since 2014.  Much nicer area and much better hunting.  Best of luck to you.

2 minutes ago, virgil said:

I bought property in 7R in 2008.  Got permission to hunt it before officially buying it.  Killed my best buck ever on that first day.  The hunting was all downhill from there.  Sold it a few years later and been in 4F since 2014.  Much nicer area and much better hunting.  Best of luck to you.

Where in 4F if you dont ind me asking?

Hey Danny,I am in between you and virgil,Cooperstown area. That is a nice buck you got there,congrats. I always want to explore more stateland, I looked at some in your area but never have the time to get to all the places I want to. So many options here and so few people use it during bow season.

I have a friend up the elk creek valley that keeps telling me to come and hunt some of his stands but I haven't made it there either...

24 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Hey Danny,I am in between you and virgil,Cooperstown area. That is a nice buck you got there,congrats. I always want to explore more stateland, I looked at some in your area but never have the time to get to all the places I want to. So many options here and so few people use it during bow season.

I have a friend up the elk creek valley that keeps telling me to come and hunt some of his stands but I haven't made it there either...

Checking out new places is always fun, new scenery 

I walked around Burnt Rossman forest a bit. Nice area and 12K acres 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Very cool!  Congrats on the house and buck.   Shopping for a bigger home myself now and man does this market blow!  Even if you are willing to pay more than you should, there is really nothing to buy.  lol  Sounds like you did well!

Beautiful piece of property. Thirty acres with another 39 acres available. Nice private location. Some nice deer/bucks in the area.

9117 DUGWAY RD, Bloomfield, NY 14469 | MLS# R1368109 - RE/MAX (remax.com)