Biz House for Sale

BizCT

Congratulations Biz!!
Having recently purchased our "forever home" it was so worth going through this crazy real estate market, to get exactly what we both wanted.
Wish you and your family all the best in your new home!
Question..... If three HNY members meet up in Conn. is it still an official GTG????

I think TCIII has a CT account and CrappyIce would cross the border for a 9th doe per year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

I feel like following Biz hunting in Conn is gonna be like watching Nomar play for the Dodgers........

Good luck with the sale and move. And def congrats on not having to go to the Big city everyday for work. It's gotta make life a whole lot better esp with a little one at home now.  Enjoy it all . 

• Like 1

Biz have you a spot in Conn to hunt.... I think bow opens up early...

I hunted CT back in 2013 if I remember right. They still open 9/15, so a chance at a velvet buck. I actually passed up a small velvet buck in CT once and regret it to this day. There’s quite a big of Stateland within a short drive.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I hunted CT back in 2013 if I remember right. They still open 9/15, so a chance at a velvet buck. I actually passed up a small velvet buck in CT once and regret it to this day. There’s quite a big of Stateland within a short drive.

Nice ....

Geeze I need to move my house down there and sell it lol. I have 1000 more square feet. 20 years newer, 12 acres more land and is valued less than half that!! lol you city folk!!

I will say his golf course looking lawn looks more pricey than my natural grass, weed clover mix....

36 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Geeze I need to move my house down there and sell it lol. I have 1000 more square feet. 20 years newer, 12 acres more land and is valued less than half that!! lol you city folk!!

I will say his golf course looking lawn looks more pricey than my natural grass, weed clover mix....

and I'm 50 miles north of NYC. If I was half-way closer, it would be double the price and double the taxes.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's been a crazy few weeks. Our house had 43 showings in 5 days, with 14 offers over asking. We accepted a full cash deal, who was waiving appraisal and did inspections for info purposes only. All went smooth, but I didn't sign my end of the contracts until the CT appraisal came back. Well it came back $170K lower than the contract price and we had the appraisal contingency in there. We offered to throw in $20K extra cash out of pocket to soften the blow for the sellers but they declined. So the CT deal is dead and we backed out of NY sale. So I'm here to stay until we find something else!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Well it's been a crazy few weeks. Our house had 43 showings in 5 days, with 14 offers over asking. We accepted a full cash deal, who was waiving appraisal and did inspections for info purposes only. All went smooth, but I didn't sign my end of the contracts until the CT appraisal came back. Well it came back $170K lower than the contract price and we had the appraisal contingency in there. We offered to throw in $20K extra cash out of pocket to soften the blow for the sellers but they declined. So the CT deal is dead and we backed out of NY sale. So I'm here to stay until we find something else!

That sucks but everything happens for a reason. GL going forward!

• Thanks 1

Man thats a bummer but hopefully it will be for the better. 

The last move we made (about 7 years ago) we actually lost two houses that we started the contract on. The first house was contingent on us selling our house which we had a hard time doing and after extending the contract 2 times the owners of the house we wanted did not want to extend the contract a third time which is understandable. 

The second house we had a contract for was all set to go. We had a buyer for our house already, we did the home inspections and everything was on track when all of the sudden the buyers for our house where unable to get a mortgage. Some how they where pre approved but something changed in-between and they no longer qualified. My wife was only a month or 2 away from giving birth to our second child. 3/4 of our house was packed up into boxes ready to go but we decided to pull the plug and wait to move. 

We moved the following year to a nicer house so things worked out in the end. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Welcome "back" to NY Biz!  Be patient, the right house/deal will come to you. You still have time before your daughter becomes school age. And I'm sure the schools in your area are very good if you decide to stay.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Zag said:

But man $170k off seems like a major error on someones part. 

we all knew it was priced too high. but the sellers side didn't agree. the appraiser used the same exact houses i sent to my realtor which were sent in with our offer to begin with. oh well. I lost $3K on the inspections, appraisal, attorneys, etc....but it's not meant to be i guess,

Sorry to hear it fell thru Biz.  Wow that was a big error on their evaluation for sure.  

If you can get those NYC visits down to 3-4 month then start looking in WNY!  Businessmans flight out of Buffalo can't be more than $300 to NYC. Better deer hunting, more house for your $ and in WNY they dont work most Tuesdays it seems. To cover the expenses and fit in you could shoot a doe to stock the freezer.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Sorry to hear it fell thru Biz.  Wow that was a big error on their evaluation for sure.  

If you can get those NYC visits down to 3-4 month then start looking in WNY!  Businessmans flight out of Buffalo can't be more than $300 to NYC. Better deer hunting, more house for your $ and in WNY they dont work most Tuesdays it seems. To cover the expenses and fit in you could shoot a doe to stock the freezer.  

haha. the academy has been very aggressive with their proposals, but just not quite enough yet.

• Like 1