Biz House for Sale

BizCT

7 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Sorry to hear it fell thru Biz.  Wow that was a big error on their evaluation for sure.  

If you can get those NYC visits down to 3-4 month then start looking in WNY!  Businessmans flight out of Buffalo can't be more than $300 to NYC. Better deer hunting, more house for your $ and in WNY they dont work most Tuesdays it seems. To cover the expenses and fit in you could shoot a doe to stock the freezer.  

WNY cant handle Biz :-)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Well it's been a crazy few weeks. Our house had 43 showings in 5 days, with 14 offers over asking. We accepted a full cash deal, who was waiving appraisal and did inspections for info purposes only. All went smooth, but I didn't sign my end of the contracts until the CT appraisal came back. Well it came back $170K lower than the contract price and we had the appraisal contingency in there. We offered to throw in $20K extra cash out of pocket to soften the blow for the sellers but they declined. So the CT deal is dead and we backed out of NY sale. So I'm here to stay until we find something else!

I have mixed emotions about this. On the one hand, I never got to put you or @cynthiafu in one of my stands. Maybe it will still happen. On the other hand, I don't get to break your chops about you being on the wrong hunting site! Maybe it will still happen, lol.

• Like 1

Is that your Sweet feed for sale in the classifieds? Please put a disclaimer on it that it for CT only!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Texas Style Feeders are sold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 7/23/2021 at 4:17 PM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

It's official boys......I am leaving New York.

Below is a link for anyone looking to move to Westchester with low taxes ($15,493 or lower if you qualify for STAR) and great schools. The professional pictures were taken today and will be uploaded over the weekend. Showings start Tuesday, with the expectation of a request for "best & final" a few days later due to bidding war (like everything else around here). If anyone is interested in seeing it before showings start on Tuesday, shoot me a PM.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2646-Springhurst-St-Yorktown-Heights-NY-10598/58425866_zpid/?view=public

I'm upgrading and moving about 40 minutes away just over the border into Connecticut, since I don't have to commute to NYC 5X per week ever again (more like 5-6 times per month only). Bow Season starts 9/15!

Welp, figured i'd break the news. I'm closing on a new house in CT next week. and selling this NY one late March or early April.

Ended up buying same house in CT and selling to same people in NY. Funny how things worked out half a year later.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Welp, figured i'd break the news. I'm closing on a new house in CT next week. and selling this NY one late March or early April.

Ended up buying same house in CT and selling to same people in NY. Funny how things worked out half a year later.

They didn’t care about the bag of dog sh%# John tossed on their porch ?

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Where are you buying in CT?  Brother is in Hartford.  BTW - Taxes still suck there.

13 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Geeze just read your ad.   For 640k, 15k in taxes is cheap!

Yea, so I'm going from $15,600 taxes for a 1963 house 1900sqft to $14,300K taxes for a 2013 house and 4Ksqft. Also going from 0.46 acres to 1.71 acres that backs up 100 acres of woods/water

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 7

11 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Where are you buying in CT?  Brother is in Hartford.  BTW - Taxes still suck there.

Brookfield, right near Candlewood Lake (about 40min. from where I currently live).

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yea, so I'm going from $15,600 taxes for a 1963 house 1900sqft to $14,300K taxes for a 2013 house and 4Ksqft. Also going from 0.46 acres to 1.71 acres that backs up 100 acres of woods/water

Congrats.  I am looking at 27k in taxes for the 3600sf home I want to build on .5 acres.  I would love anything  under 20.

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Get a lifetime license yet?

In WNY ,my buddy has 25 acres wooded with a house value of 1.1 mil .Taxes are 16k
Is he getting some type of veteran discount or senior citizen exemption?

Our friends in Elma have 10 acres with a 5009sq ft. Home valued around 1.1-1.3 and they are well over 20,000 in taxes.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Is he getting some type of veteran discount or senior citizen exemption?

Our friends in Elma have 10 acres with a 5009sq ft. Home valued around 1.1-1.3 and they are well over 20,000 in taxes.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

His is 3600 sq.I believe this year he is at 18k in taxes .16 was wrong .when he bought the house in 2006,taxes were 11k.

He has a gas well ,septic and well .could be why it’s a bit cheaper .He has multiple garages and a guest house on the property .