Biz House for Sale

BizCT

3 hours ago, bugsNbows said:

Man, those tax figures some are quoting are insane! I won’t even say what I pay for a 2750 sf house on 1.2 acres. 

Not sure where you live but people are paying big taxes for schools, parks, libraries, local police, roads, refuse etc.

(off the top of my balding head four libraries in the Town of Amherst and our police department is outstanding)

Edited by Lawdwaz

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

Or we claim members from Pennsylvania? Ohio? West Virginia?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biz is gonna have to surrender his book of by laws for the NY hunting forum upon change of residency to another state.  Hopefully you will be receiving those as you been the anchorman for the SENY region for years.  

Biz will be a tourist now, best to just rip that band-aid and move on. 

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Biz is gonna have to surrender his book of by laws for the NY hunting forum upon change of residency to another state.  Hopefully you will be receiving those as you been the anchorman for the SENY region for years.  

Biz will be a tourist now, best to just rip that band-aid and move on. 

Do I make my NY hunts "out of state" or CT hunts "out of state"?

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Do I make my NY hunts "out of state" or CT hunts "out of state"?

hmm. Good question.  I would say on a NY hunting forum, CT hunts are out of state.  

I would also say youll prob be on the board on the CT hunting forum within 6 months if your not kicked off entirely.  

Edited by Robhuntandfish

16 minutes ago, Paula said:

I am shocked at the amount of taxes you are listing. I bought an old fixer upper in Livingston county. I think I seen someone's taxes were as much or close to what my house cost

Yea it has gotten crazy. It's the school taxes that make Westchester astronomical. 

https://www.lohud.com/story/news/politics/politics-on-the-hudson/2019/04/04/these-new-york-counties-have-highest-property-taxes-america/3355868002/  2 year old article, but you'll see westchester has the taxes in America and nobody is a close second. But second is Rockland County. And only being able to write-off $10K in property taxes because of the SALT cap hurts.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yea, so I'm going from $15,600 taxes for a 1963 house 1900sqft to $14,300K taxes for a 2013 house and 4Ksqft. Also going from 0.46 acres to 1.71 acres that backs up 100 acres of woods/water

You gonna try to get access to the 100 behind you? then you really would have the best of both worlds.  Happy wife with the house she wanted and some land access to boot. Maybe a lease even?