Broadhead Recommendations

Chef

Hey guys, so I’ve always used muzzy 3 blades and feel like this year I would like to make a switch. I’m not a fan of mechanicals and think I would like to stay with a fixed blade. What has worked well for you guys over the years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I too use Muzzys and I live by the motto “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it”. Just curious why you’re looking to change

Not really a big fan of the blood trails

26 minutes ago, Chef said:

Hmm those look interesting and far sturdier than rage and grim reaper

I realize he gets paid to shoot them but Levi shoots all his big game with that broadhead

EDIT: I think he does .

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Chef said:

Hmm those look interesting and far sturdier than rage and grim reaper

Theyre brutal , 2 years ago i shot the one on the ground quartering away , he jumped 3 times into the weeds and dropped. I've had good luck so far anyway. I'm not shooting crazy  heavy arrows either ,405g about 15 percent FOC

Theyre brutal , 2 years ago i shot the one on the ground quartering away , he jumped 3 times into the weeds and dropped. I've had good luck so far anyway. I'm not shooting crazy  heavy arrows either ,405g about 15 percent FOC

Nice I’m about 500 grains including the head and 18%foc maybe I’ll give them a try this year. I’ve always liked the idea of a mechanical, just got really turned off when I had a rage fail

Just now, Chef said:

Nice I’m about 500 grains including the head and 18%foc maybe I’ll give them a try this year. I’ve always liked the idea of a mechanical, just got really turned off when I had a rage fail

I will also add before you pull the trigger . I dont recall ever being able to use one again after it hits a deer . My muzzy would easily kill multiple deer before i wouldn't shoot them anymore. 

I will also add before you pull the trigger . I dont recall ever being able to use one again after it hits a deer . My muzzy would easily kill multiple deer before i wouldn't shoot them anymore. 

I’m not really worried about that, I’ll buy a pack and take a doe with one early to see how I feel about them.

• Like 1

Another negative i have about mechanicals is on really windy days i like to slow walk into the bedding area . If the head runs through weeds and stuff it can deploy the blades. 

That makes sense, I guess I have a little bit of time to think about it