Spruced Up The Range

Put up some new reactive steel targets today on the backyard range, got them as a Christmas present and painted up the old ones. The Rod and Gun club I belong to is going to have a rimfire challenge shoot Wednesday afternoon, something that I know nothing about but it sounds like fun and I think I am going to give a try for the heck of it. 

Al

2021-07-26_195156.png

• Like 16

Very nice ! I’m going to pick up a gun at Avon gun shop in the AM, then dropping off some primers for SteveD, then weed whacking my range .

Shooting new pistol , then hanging my cameras ! 

My range is narrow and perhaps 90 yards long max .

• Like 1

10 hours ago, airedale said:

Put up some new reactive steel targets today on the backyard range, got them as a Christmas present and painted up the old ones. The Rod and Gun club I belong to is going to have a rimfire challenge shoot Wednesday afternoon, something that I know nothing about but it sounds like fun and I think I am going to give a try for the heck of it. 

Al

2021-07-26_195156.png

If you ever need some help breaking  in those new targets I’ll be happy to make a drive and help out . 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I participated in my first Rimfire Challenge a few days ago at my local rod and gun club, did not have a clue on the particulars and went just to see how they were shot.

I have a bunch of high end rimfire rifles but they are for the most part bolt actions and I did know that in the challenge matches autoloaders that can hold ten round magazines are what are used for the most part so I took what I felt was my best suited, the Kingston Garand with open sights.

So I found the shoot interesting and fun, I should have had 5 magazines for the match and while not required the match will go along much smoother without the time screwing around reloading.

Also an optical sight would have speeded times some as these 73 year old eyes take a little bit of time to focus open sights.

Anyhow the Garand performed great making those steel plates sing and I shot well having several clean runs out of the five I shot.

So in next week's match I am a bit better prepared as I know what to do and have. I have 5 magazines with polished lips that function well and I mounted a Sig Romeo red dot that really speeds up my sighting.

Al

2021-08-17_150457.png

• Like 3