Capital Police Hearings

Gobbler Chaser

6 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

Yes, I am and as to  fake Twitter posts, I would bet dollars to donuts that the BLM posts from Dunn's account, demonstarating his true beliefs and political leanings are authentic.  It is appalling that a law enforcement officer would openly support such a group- and what about the Ben Carson thing? Why defame him in earlier post? I find him to be a very nice man who did alot of good in his life- why refer to him as sleepy?

So because a black man supports the blm movement he is completely discredited in your mind? 

Does that mean because you support Trump you also supported the capital rioters and I should categorically discredit everything you believe? 

12 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

So because a black man supports the blm movement he is completely discredited in your mind? 

Does that mean because you support Trump you also supported the capital rioters and I should categorically discredit everything you believe? 

He is when hes testifying about something that VERY specifically pertains to his political beliefs (anti-Trump, Capitol Hill rioters) ; also, the fact that hes a police officer and presented himself as a pro- law enforcement guy yet expresses  pro BLM sentiment , in my view, definitely diminishes his credibility.  Does that mean his account is NECESSARILY baised? No, but I would bet that , due to the aforementioned issues regarding him , his character and his background, that it is- without a doubt in my mind. 

BTW, I do support the Capitol Hill rioters.  That doesnt mean that I agree with what they did , because I do not  and emphatically condemn their actions and their conduct that day- but I do sympathize with their cause, as you do with BLM (I know this from previous threads in which you and I discussed your thoughts on the BLM movement). 

Edited by Northcountryman

1 hour ago, left field said:

I'm trying to finish an article on grouse habitat but I'll play for a moment.

I'm anti abortion but not for the reasons most conservatives are.

I believe in a smaller, smarter government, but that's probably a lost cause.

I support the 2nd amendment but with a ton of caveats. 

Maxine Waters is batshit crazy, AOC while starting out well has come to believe her own press and needs to shut up, learn and do her job, not up to speed on the Squad other than I consider them lightweights, I liked Obama as a guy but didn't consider him a great president, Pelosi like McConnell are unlikable but I recognize that they are both excellent political players so tolerable for both sides under today's political climate, not sure on Schiff other than he's a lawyer and I hate lawyers. Well, Moog seems to be okay.

MTG = Marjorie Taylor Greene and she is as dangerous as she is stupid. 

Biden? I have said before that he is way too old and past his prime but that he could be an important president in the transition from Trump. 

I have to get back to work so have fun storming the castle, boys. And this thread should be moved.

I'd love to hear your take on tulsi when you have time , of everyone in politics she intrigues me the most.

1 hour ago, left field said:

I'm trying to finish an article on grouse habitat but I'll play for a moment.

I believe in a smaller, smarter government, but that's probably a lost cause.

I support the 2nd amendment but with a ton of caveats. 

Maxine Waters is batshit crazy, AOC while starting out well has come to believe her own press and needs to shut up, learn and do her job, not up to speed on the Squad other than I consider them lightweights, I liked Obama as a guy but didn't consider him a great president, Pelosi like McConnell are unlikable but I recognize that they are both excellent political players so tolerable for both sides under today's political climate, not sure on Schiff other than he's a lawyer and I hate lawyers. Well, Moog seems to be okay.

MTG = Marjorie Taylor Greene and she is as dangerous as she is stupid. 

Biden? I have said before that he is way too old and past his prime but that he could be an important president in the transition from Trump. 

I have to get back to work so have fun storming the castle, boys. And this thread should be moved.

For you to think that Biden is a step in the right direction after Trump says all I need to hear about you and your thoughts. What it’s been 120 days and we’re in a 13 year high recession?   Bravo!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

I applaud the people that entered the capitol building atleast they had the balls to do it.show the leaders we are sick of it.all you Trump haters are stupid .he did a good job who cares about his personal bullshit. He exposed the 535 assholes representing us as the crooks that they are.thats why they hate him.they said a bunch of shit about him and all you dems just eat it up instead of making your own mind up.you liberals should hate the dems they were the kkk and wanted segregation.

16 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I'd love to hear your take on tulsi when you have time , of everyone in politics she intrigues me the most.

Kinda hot. Smart. Humble .We agree on more things than I would have thought and I like the fact that she speaks her mind regardless of the political or personal ramifications. She got a raw deal in the primary.

52 minutes ago, left field said:

I hit "successional" pretty hard, but is there money in it if I use "riparian" and "diversity"?

No “age-class diversity” or “canopy height diversity” or “diversity of food sources”? And they said it couldn’t be done…

Riparian does seem more avoidable as it’s more applicable to the pocket covers we find here in our unmanaged DEP and Catskill forests. Perhaps best to not let that cat out of the bag.. 

Now for some coin you’ll have to drop “pahtridge” and “fool’s hen.”

3 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

He is when hes testifying about something that VERY specifically pertains to his political beliefs (anti-Trump, Capitol Hill rioters) ; also, the fact that hes a police officer and presented himself as a pro- law enforcement guy yet expresses  pro BLM sentiment , in my view, definitely diminishes his credibility.  Does that mean his account is NECESSARILY baised? No, but I would bet that , due to the aforementioned issues regarding him , his character and his background, that it is- without a doubt in my mind. 

BTW, I do support the Capitol Hill rioters.  That doesnt mean that I agree with what they did , because I do not  and emphatically condemn their actions and their conduct that day- but I do sympathize with their cause, as you do with BLM (I know this from previous threads in which you and I discussed your thoughts on the BLM movement). 

thanks for clearing that up,now I know for sure where to group your posts.

13 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

thanks for clearing that up,now I know for sure where to group your posts.

In your “ rebuttal” , you included nothing of substance as to what I said In reply to you - come on Mike; You can do better than that!! I always Respected your POV and enjoyed Our robust debates. In the words of the omniscient and infallible Bill OReilly  , where am I going Wrong here ? Lol 

Edited by Northcountryman

13 hours ago, left field said:

Very interesting.  Well, since it appears that the general section has gone all-in on politics, I may as well join the party.

This might be the first half-sensible thing that I have seen you post, indicating that there is hope for your salvation thru the acceptance of Jesus Christ, just as there is for all people.

Is it religion or science that causes you to believe that new life begins at conception, and that Roe vs Wade needs to be struck down ?  Science actually proves religion if you understand it well enough (something cant be made from nothing).

You must be ecstatic that the ultra liberal Judge RBG kicked the Bucket just in the nick of time,  such that "orange man" was able to seat a third anti abortion SCJ, or am I wrong ?

Even if you dont like anything else that he did in those four years, you got to give him credit for that.  If not, then I have to wonder if you meant what you said in the quote posted here, or if you truly are a 100 % bs troll as I have long suspected.

Congratulations, you have been WOLC'd.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

In your “ rebuttal” , you included nothing of substance as to what I said In reply to you - come on Mike; You can do better than that!! I always Respected your POV and enjoyed Our robust debates. In the words of the omniscient and infallible Bill OReilly  , where am I going Wrong here ? Lol 

Nah,I leave you guys to the scholarly discussions.  It is not worth my time. 

32 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Very interesting.  Well, since it appears that the general section has gone all-in on politics, I may as well join the party.

This might be the first half-sensible thing that I have seen you post, indicating that there is hope for your salvation thru the acceptance of Jesus Christ, just as there is for all people.

Is it religion or science that causes you to believe that new life begins at conception, and that Roe vs Wade needs to be struck down ?  Science actually proves religion if you understand it well enough (something cant be made from nothing).

You must be ecstatic that the ultra liberal Judge RBG kicked the Bucket just in the nick of time,  such that "orange man" was able to seat a third anti abortion SCJ, or am I wrong ?

Even if you dont like anything else that he did in those four years, you got to give him credit for that.  If not, then I have to wonder if you meant what you said in the quote posted here, or if you truly are a 100 % bs troll as I have long suspected.

Congratulations, you have been WOLC'd.

The sad part is that I've been WOLC'd but all I got was this lousy t-shirt.

Honestly, if I were a "100% bs troll", I'd like to think I'd be better at it. 

As a long-time agnostic, part-time rosicrucian, unrelenting cynic and aspiring stoic, I may well be long past salvation. Or maybe I just subscribe to the Marxian credo: “I don’t want to belong to any club that would accept me as one of its members.”

I tend to take the Schrödinger's Cat approach to God and find the world much more interesting with a closed box. However, it has been said that there are no atheists in foxholes or deer stands, so who knows? Ask me again in November.

As for abortion, that's about all I'm willing to discuss. It's too personal and far too hot a subject to discuss or debate in a public forum. I will say my opinion has shifted over the years and may change again. 

I do find it a little sad that you would suggest I took pleasure at the death of a person like RBG. She seemed like an exceptional person who lead an extraordinary life and celebrating her (or another's death) isn't within my personal tenets.

• Like 2

I'm not a quantum physicist, but I'm using the Copenhagen Interpretation as a way to define my type of contented agnosticism. Put simply, while the box is closed the cat (or God) exists in a superposition of both states and only by opening the box does the cat collapse into one state.

Schrödinger argued the opposite but I like a mystery.

56 minutes ago, left field said:

The sad part is that I've been WOLC'd but all I got was this lousy t-shirt.

Funny, I have 3. Though I never understood why they only come in tie die. Figured Wolc to be more of the paisley type. Now that’s a box I dare not peek in. 

Edited by Versatile_Hunter

19 minutes ago, left field said:

I'm not a quantum physicist, but I'm using the Copenhagen Interpretation as a way to define my type of contented agnosticism. Put simply, while the box is closed the cat (or God) exists in a superposition of both states and only by opening the box does the cat collapse into one state.

Schrödinger argued the opposite but I like a mystery.

Schrodinger believed that , at the quantum level at least, systems display dual states or qualities until observed or quantified, which then, forces the conversion to one state of being or another.  Applying this to your belief system in reference to God, your saying (I think) that learning about , studying God forces the intrinsic duality into either existence or non-existence? Wow :blink:

Very cool :cool:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Northcountryman said:

Well, I am disappointed ; I may disagree with you often politically but it is, after all, only a discussion :).

I don't enjoy hearing myself talk as much as some. That is all these discussions accomplish. You know where I stand, I know where you stand and that's about it. It seems there isn't even enough room for two people on the middle ground anymore.

1 minute ago, BowmanMike said:

I don't enjoy hearing myself talk as much as some. That is all these discussions accomplish. You know where I stand, I know where you stand and that's about it. It seems there isn't even enough room for two people on the middle ground anymore.

Actually, I consider myself center-right politically, and would guess from your posts that your center-left (roughly).  Discussions and spirited debates enable people with opposing view points to understand each others perspective more throughly and, perhaps, enable them to comprehend the issue(s) more comprehensively. I like an opposing POV for that reason, lest I become too extreme myself- Dont stop posting!!

• Like 1