Capital Police Hearings

Gobbler Chaser

2 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Actually, I consider myself center-right politically, and would guess from your posts that your center-left (roughly).  Discussions and spirited debates enable people with opposing view points to understand each others perspective more throughly and, perhaps, enable them to comprehend the issue(s) more comprehensively. I like an opposing POV for that reason, lest I become too extreme myself- Dont stop posting!!

I usually try to understand people's point of view but I find I am much less inclined to do so anymore. What's the point really? 

3 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Actually, I consider myself center-right politically, and would guess from your posts that your center-left (roughly).  Discussions and spirited debates enable people with opposing view points to understand each others perspective more throughly and, perhaps, enable them to comprehend the issue(s) more comprehensively. I like an opposing POV for that reason, lest I become too extreme myself- Dont stop posting!!

The problem is that the majority of people these days, especially on a forum like this one, are not anywhere near the center.  Most people are way far to the left or right and are unwilling to even consider another point of view.  Hell, it seems that even being near the center is unacceptable within the two parties.  The only interesting or useful debates are between the few people in the middle.  Everything else just turns into a waste of time.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Schrodinger believed that , at the quantum level at least, systems display dual states or qualities until observed or quantified, which then, forces the conversion to one state of being or another.  Applying this to your belief system in reference to God, your saying (I think) that learning about , studying God forces the intrinsic duality into either existence or non-existence? Wow :blink:

Very cool :cool:

We live in a world where mystery is lost. I can look at something happening across the world as easily as I can look out my kitchen window. It's cool and probably useful, but the downside is that the world becomes a little less fascinating.  

However, when it comes to the intangible and questions of life, the universe and everything, I find the discussion to be far more interesting and ultimately satisfying than the answer. (Even if that answer is 42 ... which all things considered, is a pretty good answer.)

Not sure if I mentioned this before but the reason I fly fish is because of a conversation I had with an old ghillie in Ireland. I asked him why he fly fished and he took a moment and said, "There are two things in life that I know are coming, but I don't know when. The first is the strike of a trout and the second is death. And to tell the truth, lad, I like the anticipation of each."

So given these big questions, I want the anticipation to last as long as possible and accept the possibility that I may never know the answer.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Looks like,I am one more member who disagrees with ya.

Get over it and Grow a Pair..

…get over what? I’ll have you know that my pair is ample, thank you very much :)

But your continual fixation with “pairs” explains a lot about you. Hit your heavy bag a little harder and they’ll finally drop! I’m teasing, they ain’t changing. But that’s ok Bill, you’re more than your balls. 

Now, how many week till early bear?

23 hours ago, phantom said:

Nope its poison what has happened in the past should stay in the past if the gov really wants to investigate what happened they would do it in secret the way real criminal investigations are done .

What is going on in congress is a circus just bs made for cnn and fox to get ratings and to get everyone to fight each other while gov.  robs us  blind with trillion dollar kickback deals to there friends and family . And sadly most the population is clueless to what is going on .

You want peace  with each other then you need to stop bringing up the past over and over again what's done is done but some just can't  stop bringing it up because they think it gets them votes , they bring up sins from 100s of years ago in a way that makes you think that stuff is still happening now then claim if you only vote for them all will be good in the world . 

Yet here we have a 5 page topic about politics, in the general boards where it doesn't belong, while threads about hunting on a hunting forum barely get past a page or two. I swear, I don't know whether to laugh at some people or send them a care package of MRE's so they have some food for the end of the world as we know it.

But, I would like to thank you for making my point perfectly, all this political talk where there should be more hunting talk is very toxic, very toxic indeed. 

• Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 7:34 AM, left field said:

The sad part is that I've been WOLC'd but all I got was this lousy t-shirt.

Honestly, if I were a "100% bs troll", I'd like to think I'd be better at it. 

As a long-time agnostic, part-time rosicrucian, unrelenting cynic and aspiring stoic, I may well be long past salvation. Or maybe I just subscribe to the Marxian credo: “I don’t want to belong to any club that would accept me as one of its members.”

I tend to take the Schrödinger's Cat approach to God and find the world much more interesting with a closed box. However, it has been said that there are no atheists in foxholes or deer stands, so who knows? Ask me again in November.

As for abortion, that's about all I'm willing to discuss. It's too personal and far too hot a subject to discuss or debate in a public forum. I will say my opinion has shifted over the years and may change again. 

I do find it a little sad that you would suggest I took pleasure at the death of a person like RBG. She seemed like an exceptional person who lead an extraordinary life and celebrating her (or another's death) isn't within my personal tenets.

The timing of RBG's passing, while tragic to the pro-choicers on the far left, may help save the lives of many of the unborn.  The fact that she was not a Christian, no doubt contributed to her pro-abortion stance.

I see a glimmer of hope for you Lefty, based on your pro-life leaning at this time.  Maybe you can work on your buddy VH a bit, who still seems to be far off on the deep left end.   Will you not admit that DJT did at least three things right with his seating of those Christian SCOTUS justices who all have strong records of pro-life leanings ?

I also see a glimmer of hope for Biden, based on his Catholic faith and his strong support for Israel, over the Muslim terrorists, in the recent conflict.  

Maybe it is a good thing that religion and politics are now welcome  here in the general section.  That helps provide a wider platform, for those of us in the middle, to help take back some sanity from the loons on the far left and right.

On 7/29/2021 at 10:48 AM, DirtTime said:

Yet here we have a 5 page topic about politics, in the general boards where it doesn't belong, while threads about hunting on a hunting forum barely get past a page or two. I swear, I don't know whether to laugh at some people or send them a care package of MRE's so they have some food for the end of the world as we know it.

But, I would like to thank you for making my point perfectly, all this political talk where there should be more hunting talk is very toxic, very toxic indeed. 

You could always just not click on it 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

You could always just not click on it 

Or those with issues understanding things could just not post seeing they don't seem to have a grasp on this particular concept. Or better yet, people could read the banner for the site and let it sink in a little. The logo doesn't look like this:

thehahahahlogonyh.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The timing of RBG's passing, while tragic to the pro-choicers on the far left, may help save the lives of many of the unborn.  The fact that she was not a Christian, no doubt contributed to her pro-abortion stance.
I see a glimmer of hope for you Lefty, based on your pro-life leaning at this time.  Maybe you can work on your buddy VH a bit, who still seems to be far off on the deep left end.   Will you not admit that DJT did at least three things right with his seating of those Christian SCOTUS justices who all have strong records of pro-life leanings ?
I also see a glimmer of hope for Biden, based on his Catholic faith and his strong support for Israel, over the Muslim terrorists, in the recent conflict.  
Maybe it is a good thing that religion and politics are now welcome  here in the general section.  That helps provide a wider platform, for those of us in the middle, to help take back some sanity from the loons on the far left and right.

What if we start calling the un vaxxed pro choice and the vaxed pro life.

My body by choice right ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, Chef said:

What if we start calling the un vaxxed pro choice and the vaxed pro life.

My body by choice right ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem is your Pro Life is doing nothing to save lives per say because you are still passing the shut along to the Pro Choice group along with your own Pro Life group. Perfect!

• Like 1