Excalibur Twinstrike

GreeneHunter

7 minutes ago, suburbanfarmer said:

No matter what one says, crossbow are loud and very seldom you will get a chance for second shot unless you spine a deer.

I agree with you. I'm from the school of wait for the one perfect shot, if you don't get it, don't take it.

Not sure this crossbow would be legal in NYS?

3 hours ago, johnplav said:

Looks like a gimmick to me.. BUT if it could shoot simultaneously tho… twice the damage, twice the blood trail. 

Not at the same time according to the reviews but back to back..

https://www.bowhuntingmag.com/editorial/excalibur-unveils-new-twinstrike/387355#:~:text=The flagship bow of Excalibur's,to what it calls “DualFire

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/30/2021 at 10:08 AM, grampy said:

I agree with you. I'm from the school of wait for the one perfect shot, if you don't get it, don't take it.

My ML has been along for the ride for many a rides despite having an 870 in the safe for shotgun only zones. My primary carry for many years and by far killed the most deer with it. Only need one shot , make it count

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

My ML has been along for the ride for many a rides despite having an 870 in the safe for shotgun only zones. My primary carry for many years and by far killed the most deer with it. Only need one shot , make it count

I'm buying a second ML so I can have two shots. Maybe I'll duct tape them together like stormy taped a sight on his gun.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, DirtTime said:

I'm buying a second ML so I can have two shots. Maybe I'll duct tape them together like stormy taped a sight on his gun.

Ha ha.. One of my friends has at least 2 muzzleloaders in his hunting shack. Heck he had 2 regular muzzleoaders and his muzzloader pistol once  

He even had an opportunity to use all 3 on the same deer . Yes he is known to get a little excited for a 70+year old man.lol

On 11/30/2021 at 11:05 AM, ncountry said:

Ha ha.. One of my friends has at least 2 muzzleloaders in his hunting shack. Heck he had 2 regular muzzleoaders and his muzzloader pistol once  

He even had an opportunity to use all 3 on the same deer . Yes he is known to get a little excited for a 70+year old man.lol

:blink:

I really don't know how to reply to that one. 3 black powder guns on the same deer? That has to be some sort of record somewhere.

• 7 months later...

I'm not trying to start an argument here but, many of you have said that "you'd never get a 2nd shot unless you spine the deer". I have had experiences where I shoot 1 deer in a group (with a shotgun) and the others just stood there after she dropped. Hell, I have shoot deer cleanly and had them run a few feet and stop or circle back. I was always told if they are still on their feet and present a clean second shoot, take it. I have also missed a deer with a bow, had the deer jump 10'-15' and stop because they didn't know what happened. they are on high alert at that point and trying to knock and draw another arrow/bolt could definitely spook them off.

I'm not saying I'm going to spend 2K for a X-bow, or individuals shouldn't wait for an ethical shot, but I can see where a 2nd shot would be possible.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Judoka95 said:

I'm not trying to start an argument here but, many of you have said that "you'd never get a 2nd shot unless you spine the deer". I have had experiences where I shoot 1 deer in a group (with a shotgun) and the others just stood there after she dropped. Hell, I have shoot deer cleanly and had them run a few feet and stop or circle back. I was always told if they are still on their feet and present a clean second shoot, take it. I have also missed a deer with a bow, had the deer jump 10'-15' and stop because they didn't know what happened. they are on high alert at that point and trying to knock and draw another arrow/bolt could definitely spook them off.

I'm not saying I'm going to spend 2K for a X-bow, or individuals shouldn't wait for an ethical shot, but I can see where a 2nd shot would be possible.

I've whiffed twice in my life with my compound and both times the deer went about 10 yards and stood there wondering wtf just happened. I would have totally been able to get a second shot off if I didn't have to pull one out of the quiver, nock it and draw again. 

• Like 1