They want us to start wearing masks again???

Gobbler Chaser

It made it to 12 pages. Looks like I'm heading to Walmart and/or Gander a little later this morning. Glad in a way, I have a lot of wool socks and can actually use the new coat more. Thanks for the boost on posts folks, we should do it again sometime.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

It made it to 12 pages. Looks like I'm heading to Walmart and/or Gander a little later this morning. Glad in a way, I have a lot of wool socks and can actually use the new coat more. Thanks for the boost on posts folks, we should do it again sometime.

It's good to see you happy for a change.

Holy crap, this is one hot topic!!

I did some looking at illegal immigration numbers yesterday - the actual numbers, not what's being touted in the media. As it turns out, there have been over a million illegals crossing the border this year alone. Which seems like a crazy high number, right? However, most of them were turned back (and multiple attempts to cross are not unusual). In fact, the numbers are not really that much more that what was seen pre-COVID. In fact the idea that this is a surge given the "meh" increase seems a bit silly, now that I've actually read the facts. And they are all (supposedly) tested for COVID, though as usual getting any real numbers on infection rates and such is impossible, at least for me. Whether they actually contribute appreciably to our COVID rates is beyond my ability to ken, but with Florida going off the deep end, I'm going to stick with drop in a bucket.

What has changed so far as I can see is the number of minors entering by themselves. And they do not appear to be getting deported at the same rate as the older folks. So maybe the surge is kids? Anyway, the numbers aren't what I expected to see given the furor. But don't believe me, look for yourself!

3 minutes ago, knehrke said:

I did some looking at illegal immigration numbers yesterday - the actual numbers, not what's being touted in the media. As it turns out, there have been over a million illegals crossing the border this year alone. Which seems like a crazy high number, right? However, most of them were turned back (and multiple attempts to cross are not unusual). In fact, the numbers are not really that much more that what was seen pre-COVID. In fact the idea that this is a surge given the "meh" increase seems a bit silly, now that I've actually read the facts. And they are all (supposedly) tested for COVID, though as usual getting any real numbers on infection rates and such is impossible, at least for me. Whether they actually contribute appreciably to our COVID rates is beyond my ability to ken, but with Florida going off the deep end, I'm going to stick with drop in a bucket.

What has changed so far as I can see is the number of minors entering by themselves. And they do not appear to be getting deported at the same rate as the older folks. So maybe the surge is kids? Anyway, the numbers aren't what I expected to see given the furor. But don't believe me, look for yourself!

Where did you get your information ? Where did you “check” and how . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DirtTime said:

How many pages do you need for a new gun?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, outdoorstom said:

How many pages do you need for a new gun?

Hey Tom!!! How are the pups doing? Looking forward to following your tracking thread again this year! Keep safe and good luck out there! I'll bet ol' John will be keeping a close eye on ya.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, knehrke said:

Did the ones who got turned back get to keep their Biden/harris T shirt?

1 minute ago, grampy said:

Hey Tom!!! How are the pups doing? Looking forward to following your tracking thread again this year! Keep safe and good luck out there! I'll bet ol' John will be keeping a close eye on ya.

Luna has stitches from a sebaceous cyst removal and Kunox has a paw issue :-(. Glad its not tracking season yet. I expect them both to be ready to go come season! Can’t wait! Thanks for reaching out!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

With black powder if switch from a 300 grain sabot to 250 grain sabot,  50 caliber,  should I increase or decrease powder charge?

Keep the powder charge the same, see how it shoots! It may be a touch high going to a lighter projectile, but may group just fine?

36 minutes ago, grampy said:

Keep the powder charge the same, see how it shoots! It may be a touch high going to a lighter projectile, but may group just fine?

I am gonna try. A buddy of mine, while we were talking asked. Lighter bullet =less pressure so means more powder was his thinking. He reloads, that is why he asked, which got me over thinking

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nybuckboy said:

The states with the most outbreaks are the Retrumplican states. FL, LA, MS, GA, AR and TX. The least vaxed states in the US. Get ready for another shutdown in some places.

Can you site a source for this info or did you get it from CNN?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/covid-cases.html

BTW vaccination has nothing to do with people having the virus or being able to spread it.  Vaxxed people still get it and spread, they just have less chance of dying from it, if you believe the virus makers.

Edited by Grouse

19 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Can you site a source for this info or did you get it from CNN?

They do have some of the highest "numbers" currently. Order and other states that are in the high numbers vary depending on whether you look at total cases, per capita of 14 day change.

Top 10 for 14 day % change are 

Wisconsin ›
Rhode Island ›
South Carolina ›
New Hampshire ›
Oregon ›
Tennessee ›
Puerto Rico ›
Louisiana ›
Vermont ›

Maryland ›

Top 10 per Capita are 

Louisiana ›
Florida ›
Arkansas ›
Mississippi ›
Alabama ›
Missouri ›
Oklahoma ›
South Carolina ›
Alaska ›

Nevada ›

Top 10 daily average

Florida ›
California ›
Texas ›
Louisiana ›
Georgia ›
North Carolina ›
Missouri ›
Alabama ›
New York ›
Tennessee ›
Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

5 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

If the vaxxed transmit the virus then what are we even arguing about?! Ill say it again, mind your damned business and get the shot if you want it. Same applies to a muzzleloader

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

but does it apply to a crossbow.......

• Like 1