They want us to start wearing masks again???

Gobbler Chaser

People don't seem to realize it is not the govt's job to keep you healthy, nor do they have any legal authority to do so. 

The people have allowed the govt to take away their rights and dictate how they must live because of a virus that can kill people.  We have had these same viruses in the past and they have killed people, but we never allowed the govt to destroy the economy, kill people's jobs and businesses, dictate where we can go and what we must wear, change election laws and run up the national debt to the point of economic collapse.

Either our govt has become drunk on power, or the electorate has lost it's way.  We are supposed to be in charge of our govt, they are not in charge of us.  If the public doesn't wake up and start turning that around, they will soon be wondering how we came to be slaves under a totalitarian dictatorship.

• Thanks 1

People don't seem to realize it is not the govt's job to keep you healthy, nor do they have any legal authority to do so. 
The people have allowed the govt to take away their rights and dictate how they must live because of a virus that can kill people.  We have had these same viruses in the past and they have killed people, but we never allowed the govt to destroy the economy, kill people's jobs and businesses, dictate where we can go and what we must wear, change election laws and run up the national debt to the point of economic collapse.
Either our govt has become drunk on power, or the electorate has lost it's way.  We are supposed to be in charge of our govt, they are not in charge of us.  If the public doesn't wake up and start turning that around, they will soon be wondering how we came to be slaves under a totalitarian dictatorship.

Just so you know you are wrong again in the 1918 pandemic there were plenty of places where not wearing a mask was illegal. The difference is back then people felt a sense of duty to their neighbor and their country. Now all these so called patriots don’t give a fuck about anyone but themselves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Chef said:

Just so you know you are wrong again in the 1918 pandemic there were plenty of places where not wearing a mask was illegal. The difference is back then people felt a sense of duty to their neighbor and their country. Now all these so called patriots don’t give a fuck about anyone but themselves

What kind of Govt was there back in 1918

9 minutes ago, Grouse said:

The blind spot of most staunch Republicans. 

more and more people do think the govt is supposed to do all that. It's not that they have allowed it, it is that they want it.  So many people just don't want to be bothered these days.  Look at the voting numbers alone.  Most don't care and are just sick of politics and politicians that they just want nothing to do with it.  It is something the Dems have been so much better at recognizing than the Conservatives.  

One line I hear so much is that ,this wouldn't happen if people got out and voted.  Be careful what you wish for.  The change in culture is leaving libratarian outlook as a minority.  

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I remember years ago when a town in Jersey flooded and everyone just gathered at the high point in the neighborhood and cried the government wasn't helping them. That's when i realized there is a giant portion of our country that literally depends on the government to run their lives , its disgusting .

3 minutes ago, Chef said:

Can you cite the Constitutional or legal authority the govt has to make any such law controlling the people like that? 

We are a country of laws and the Constitution is the Rule of Law.  People can comply with illegal laws if they so desire, but I think this virus has been used by the govt to expand it's powers exponentially with the people's consent.  That is what needs to be changed.

• Like 3

Can you cite the Constitutional or legal authority the govt has to make any such law controlling the people like that? 
We are a country of laws and the Constitution is the Rule of Law.  People can comply with illegal laws if they so desire, but I think this virus has been used by the govt to expand it's powers exponentially with the people's consent.  That is what needs to be changed.

You want it changed start by helping to beat the virus… or better yet if people weren’t so ignorant that they had to be forced to wear a mask and did it as a sense of social responsibility we wouldn’t be here

3 minutes ago, Chef said:

You want it changed start by helping to beat the virus… or better yet if people weren’t so ignorant that they had to be forced to wear a mask and did it as a sense of social responsibility we wouldn’t be here

Being here for 18 months now, after being told to flatten the curve for two weeks, isn't enough?

I wonder if the people who think all of the destruction the govt mandates and lock downs caused were the "socially responsible" thing to do when the suicide rate skyrocketed and the deaths from drugs and alcohol almost match the deaths from the virus?  Add to that all of the damage to the economy, national debt and election integrity and ask yourself if we are better off than we would have been if the govt stayed away from abusing it's power.

BTW, it has been proven China's negligence caused all of this, so why aren't our elected "leaders" suing China for damages?  Are they too closely aligned with China too represent the people who elected them?

Edited by Grouse

7 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I wonder if the people who think all of the destruction the govt mandates and lock downs caused were the "socially responsible" thing to do when the suicide rate skyrocketed and the deaths from drugs and alcohol almost match the deaths from the virus?  Add to that all of the damage to the economy, national debt and election integrity and ask yourself if we are better off than we would have been if the govt stayed away from abusing it's power.

BTW, it has been proven China's negligence caused all of this, so why aren't our elected "leaders" suing China for damages?  Are they too closely aligned with China too represent the people who elected them?

Exactly. And it takes a special kind of stupid to listen to those that tell you all this crap and yet let….. Hell Drive it in themselves…it come in free of charge untested from every border without as much as trying to stop it. 

5 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Exactly. And it takes a special kind of stupid to listen to those that tell you all this crap and yet let….. Hell Drive it in themselves…it come in free of charge untested from every border without as much as trying to stop it. 

That is another big contradiction from the govt regarding the virus I forgot to mention.  Thank you.  If this was really about ending this virus and public health, the border would not be open.  It actually supplies evidence the govt is using this virus to control the public and abuse it's power for political gain.

Wearing a mask isn't going to protect you from the damage massive illegal immigration is going to cause.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Chef said:

We all did for 2 weeks to flatten the curve ,then there was a giant portion of the country who liked being told what to do and never questioned anything . 

I'm hearing this virus has a 98% survivability rate. That's for the overall population that gets the virus. Put that number to 60yrs  and older or people with health conditions like a dozen or so I could mention for almost any 60 yr old and the story becomes pretty grim. Not to met how this virus spreads like nothing we have seen in a long time. But now ICUs in anti vax states are filling up pretty quickly with the "Unvaccinated" and when you need a ruptured appendix removed at 3am and your local hospital ICU is at 110% good luck.  Yep it was their choice to not be vaccinated and now people are begging for the vaccine as they get the air pipe slid into their gullets. NY went thru this because we were the first and totally unprepared for it with an incompetent president at the helm, but NYers are tougher than nails and we overcame. What's Florida's excuse

• Like 2

Just now, Gobbler Chaser said:

I'm hearing this virus has a 98% survivability rate. That's for the overall population that gets the virus. Put that number to 60yrs  and older or people with health conditions like a dozen or so I could mention for almost any 60 yr old and the story becomes pretty grim. Not to met how this virus spreads like nothing we have seen in a long time. But now ICUs in anti vax states are filling up pretty quickly with the "Unvaccinated" and when you need a ruptured appendix removed at 3am and your local hospital ICU is at 110% good luck.  Yep it was their choice to not be vaccinated and now people are begging for the vaccine as they get the air pipe slid into their gullets. NY went thru this because we were the first and totally unprepared for it with an incompetent president at the helm, but NYers are tougher than nails and we overcame. What's Florida's excuse

98 percent is the alpha variant ,delta is much easier to beat compared to alpha. 

43 minutes ago, Chef said:

The difference is back then people felt a sense of duty to their neighbor and their country. 

Chef, are you actively protesting the illegal alien invasion bringing the virus into the country as much as you are protesting people not wearing masks?

Gobbler Chaser, how about you?  Are you as mad at Democrats about this as you are about the unvaxxed?

• Like 1

98 percent is the alpha variant ,delta is much easier to beat compared to alpha. 

Where are you getting your information it’s the exact opposite. Delta is getting people much sicker than alpha… I personally know two people in those 30’s with no health conditions who were hospitalized with delta. One just got out and is now on oxygen at home and can’t walk with out a walker.

3 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Chef, are you actively protesting the illegal alien invasion bringing the virus into the country as much as you are protesting people not wearing masks?

Gobbler Chaser, how about you?  Are you as mad at Democrats about this as you are about the unvaxxed?

If not , they should be as that would constitute hypocrisy . 

11 minutes ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

with an incompetent president at the helm,

The same one who , under his watch , ensured the fastest rollout of a vaccine - which you promote incessantly , btw- ever in history . I shudder to think what would have happened if Obama or Biden had been in charge when the pandemic first hit.  

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Chef said:

Where are you getting your information it’s the exact opposite. Delta is getting people much sicker than alpha… I personally know two people in those 30’s with no health conditions who were hospitalized with delta. One just got out and is now on oxygen at home and can’t walk with out a walker.

From the part where nobody dies from the delta . How do you know your friends were completely healthy before they got sick ? Because they look healthy ?