Snake ID help

corydd7

Not the best pictures but any help would be great. Just worry about my dogs because the snake hangs out right outside our front porch. Snake is never aggressive slithers away into briars when I get close. I would say about 4 foot long and we are 30 minutes north of Utica if that helps.

Screenshot_20210731-144036_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20210731-144012_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20210731-143954_WhatsApp.jpg

16 minutes ago, mowin said:

Killed probably a dozen this week while moving clients lawns as well as several huge black water snakes.  Giggle every time I hit one. I despise the things. 

Yeah I got probably a half dozen myself this week.  A couple of them were with  the trimmer right next to the foundations.  Couldn’t even see them in the grass until it’s to late.  I prefer to see them when I’m on the mower instead of on my feet running the trimmer.  Lol.

31 minutes ago, boo711 said:

Yeah I got probably a half dozen myself this week.  A couple of them were with  the trimmer right next to the foundations.  Couldn’t even see them in the grass until it’s to late.  I prefer to see them when I’m on the mower instead of on my feet running the trimmer.  Lol.

I've got several ponds on clients properties. Lots of water snakes that are friggin huge. Can't see them because the grass is so thick. I only knyi hit something because their so huge I can hear the mower hit something. The garders are usually near a stone wall. I don't slow down at all when I see one slivering for their lives.  

Common harmless garter snake. I see no reason to kill any snake. Though sometimes I do when I don't see them while mowing. They don't really bother me. But my wife will jump three feet high and scream like a banchee when she sees one......lol

• 9 months later...
13 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Anyone know what type of snake this is?

64B860F9-FA2F-40CC-A285-CEFFB6F3DBC7.jpeg

115BD9B4-637F-41C0-8E5E-87DD34C678D6.jpeg

Northern water snake. Lucky for us we have 100s on our lake.. Harmlesss, unless you mess with them.

They do have teeth. I watched a drunk guy pick one up in the middle and he got bit 3 times before he could drop it..lol

https://www.nwf.org/Educational-Resources/Wildlife-Guide/Reptiles/Northern-Water-Snake

• Thanks 2