The Old Debate On Camo

DirtTime

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Nomad said:

Most all camo blobs out beginning at a short distance . In the pic. I’m wearing a Mossy Oak camo T shirt . Looks like a dark blob .

D73540AB-E9B4-423E-BF55-DF2A1ADE31C2.png

Ya know, if you were standing under the branch where the leaves are you might blend in more. Is that a new age crossbow you're holding in that pic?

I own a lot of this stuff. Love the raptor pattern , it’s light , quiet and warm. I’ll pay to keep warm . Can’t hunt if you freeze out and go home. Although even before buying this gear I rarely got cold. Find Waldo. 
CAA42FFE-B5B7-4882-93F4-4334FC1A014F.thumb.png.08220e3eeb4159a02c3eb477931240ff.png

Is that Brad Pitt right next to the birds wing(viewer’s right)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I’m a firm believer that camo makes ZERO difference for hunting other than snow camo. When on the ground in the snow you disappear with snow camo.

I’m a big believer in gray’s in a tree stand.

I agree..I like some of these new camouflage patterns.. I like them , I doubt the deer even notice.

Now that my budget is higher I have a lot of cool camo gear. I'm fairly certain I've still shot more deer in sweatpants and a Hoody(cheap and quiet).

7 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I’m a firm believer that camo makes ZERO difference for hunting other than snow camo. When on the ground in the snow you disappear with snow camo.

I’m a big believer in gray’s in a tree stand.

Do you have any new synthetic, or Merino wool blend base layers for your tracking expeditions in the Daks?  Makes sense you're a fan of snow camo on those.  Seems like you'd get the most out of quality wicking base layers for those long ass treks you do up there?

Do you have any new synthetic, or Merino wool blend base layers for your tracking expeditions in the Daks?  Makes sense you're a fan of snow camo on those.  Seems like you'd get the most out of quality wicking base layers for those long ass treks you do up there?

I’ve been wearing merino base layers when it’s cold for probably 20yrs.

If it’s above 20ish I wear under armor heat gear under my wool. It wicks well and is light enough that I don’t sweat too much. My problem with them is their quality is going down with the last 2 sets I’ve bought haven’t held up more than a season. My first pair probably lasted 10yrs. I’m looking for something similar that will hold up better.

I have a dark gray ghillie suit that does the best job of concealment of anything I have tried. It is a loose-leaf almost a Tree-bark color. The only problem is that it is difficulty to shoot a bow with it on. Very easy to have unexpected interferences. 

15 hours ago, GreeneHunter said:

Little confused here .... did the new ENCON Rules for wearing bright Orange include during Bow Season or can an individual still hunt with full Camo on ?

I don't have it all right in front of me at the moment, but I believe the wording included "during the firearms season".

• Like 1