Hunting Licenses

Chef

13 hours ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

What's the rush with running out to get a lic. We have till end of Sept to still apply for Doe Permits. As far as I know it hasn't been first come first serve in some time now. 

They say that, however with a new surplus of hunters zones could fill up faster than anticipated. I know speaking on pa, where doe tags are first come first serve, they are FLYING off the shelf compared to last year.

7 hours ago, Hock3y24 said:

They say that, however with a new surplus of hunters zones could fill up faster than anticipated. I know speaking on pa, where doe tags are first come first serve, they are FLYING off the shelf compared to last year.

They use a system in ny that doesn't give out all the permits anyway, lot get mailed as the system doesn't know how many hunters apply.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, First-light said:

Got my tags today. I always thought there was a bow tag  (for buck) and the either sex for Bow/Muzzy. I have the the either sex tag thats it. I can be confused. Maybe not.

The either sex tag is for buck during bow 

If you buy the ML license then you get an antlerless tag also.

If you plan to use crossbow then you have to buy the ML permit :)

Edited by suburbanfarmer

8 hours ago, suburbanfarmer said:

I guess I didn't buy my muzzleloader tag. Have bow tag. So that either sex bow/muzzy can be used in muzzy but I only can use a bow to shoot the deer? As the season goes on and I can get back up I'll go buy it, thought I did.

8 hours ago, suburbanfarmer said:

Technically when you are buying an additional hunting privilege when you buy a bow or ML license. The first special privilege you buy (regardless of which one)  gets you an either sex tag.  The second one you buy get you an antlerless only. If you buy both the tags are available to be used with either implement in either special season

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

NO. it can only be used during the Archery season and with a bow. (those seasons may or may not overlap depending on the areas)

Don;t they allow bow during muzzy season. I can remember doing that years ago before I bought a muzzleloader. 

1 minute ago, First-light said:

Don;t they allow bow during muzzy season. I can remember doing that years ago before I bought a muzzleloader. 

If you are only hunting in the SZ the seasons over lap. BUT in NZ there are areas that are antler only during the special seasons and a blanket statement could cause some legal difficulties. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, First-light said:

Just checked bow can be used late season 13th-21st......26th-1st

in the SZ...I agree.

I really try to encourage folks (especially in our Field to Fork program) to read the regs, understand the seasons and regs for the areas you are going into and know what the tags really are for that you have in your pocket before you go out. They can be kind of confusing but I hate to use blanket statements about seasons, implements or tags becasue they can have nuanced differences across the state (especially down by the Peoples Republic of NYC...lol)

1 minute ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

in the SZ...I agree.

I really try to encourage folks (especially in our Field to Fork program) to read the regs, understand the seasons and regs for the areas you are going into and know what the tags really are for that you have in your pocket before you go out. They can be kind of confusing but I hate to use blanket statements about seasons, implements or tags becasue they can have nuanced differences across the state (especially down by the Peoples Republic of NYC...lol)

Yes that is correct. I can hunt out east L.I. and use my unused tags from certain seasons.