Here it comes again ehd

cynthiafu

8 hours ago, cynthiafu said:

I am in ulster County and my friend is in orange . It would be raining at his house and we get nothing  we can see the storm but not a drop. 

Gotcha wow here in CNY its slowed july was a ll rain but still wet in areas that are normally dry this time of year

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

I just got my copy of- New York Outdoor News:

Front page-EHD OUTBREAK RETURNS/ SOUTHEASTERN,NY Is Once Again Bearing The Brunt...

Thêre cant be many Dẻer at all at Stewart State Forest  after last years huge Deer Killoff.

DEC should  cancel October Bow Thêre  and only open the Shotgun Slug segment later in the Séason. 

I saw a medium sized Buck just standing in the low creek a few days back just watching me as,I Hiked on by in the woods. He seemed ok- but who knows.

have to be fair. shut the whole state down from hunting deer for 1 season and numbers will rejuvenate. 

1 hour ago, blackbeltbill said:

I just got my copy of- New York Outdoor News:

Front page-EHD OUTBREAK RETURNS/ SOUTHEASTERN,NY Is Once Again Bearing The Brunt...

Thêre cant be many Dẻer at all at Stewart State Forest  after last years huge Deer Killoff.

DEC should  cancel October Bow Thêre  and only open the Shotgun Slug segment later in the Séason. 

I saw a medium sized Buck just standing in the low creek a few days back just watching me as,I Hiked on by in the woods. He seemed ok- but who knows.

Canceling the Gun season would make more sense considering that’s when the majority of tags are filled. But at that point. Cancel everything for a year. 

I probably  won't be bow hunting this year anyway . So I may just sit out this year . Have just not been into it .I have practiced and just can't  get the adjusting the site  . Maybe next year . Not sure if I want to go hunting . Deer are getting hit hard enough don't need me out there . 

I probably  won't be bow hunting this year anyway . So I may just sit out this year . Have just not been into it .I have practiced and just can't  get the adjusting the site  . Maybe next year . Not sure if I want to go hunting . Deer are getting hit hard enough don't need me out there . 

DISLIKE!!!!

Sorry you are feeling that way especially over bow frustration….give it time, visit a shop, have them watch you shoot and help make the adjustments. Too many good things happen in the woods to sit it out in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, crappyice said:

DISLIKE!!!!

Sorry you are feeling that way especially over bow frustration….give it time, visit a shop, have them watch you shoot and help make the adjustments. Too many good things happen in the woods to sit it out in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to agree. Get some help with the site. I bet when you realize how to overcome whatever obstacle it is, you will e saying how easy it is to use and how you love it. I am considering getting one myself. Let us know how you make out.

I will be waiting to see your pic with a monster this season! He's coming!!

Copied and pasted it . Someone also commented 3f was being effected too

There’s dead deer everywhere in 3j and most likely 3c. I won’t know until I go check my site over there. We’ve had a total of 14 reports and had to pick up numerous deer in the past 2 weeks at work. and from the smell of things, there’s many more dead. Last year we were fortunate enough not to get hit hard by EHD. But not this year. Seems like everywhere I go, I smell dead deer. here’s a couple of pics from the last 2 days. Looks like we might have a slow year. What’s everybody else seeing. Or should I say smelling.

Screenshot_20210826-100847_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210826-100843_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210826-100839_Facebook.jpg