What's you're news channel?

nybuckboy

If im watching it would be fox. I have not watch local or national news in I cant tell you when. I honestly feel better for it. CNN has a bunch of complete nut jobs including a zoom rubber outter. Fox seems to get very right sometimes. 

• Like 1

Huntingny.com

We have the left wing nut jobs, the right wing nut jobs, we have music videos, WWE and MMA updates, commercials ( those SPAM threads ), drama, comedy, a cooking show, a reversed AA thread, and just about everything else that makes the news.

Now that I think about it, it's the old MTV and the new MTV combined.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

Huntingny.com

We have the left wing nut jobs, the right wing nut jobs, we have music videos, WWE and MMA updates, commercials ( those SPAM threads ), drama, comedy, a cooking show, a reversed AA thread, and just about everything else that makes the news.

Now that I think about it, it's the old MTV and the new MTV combined.

image.thumb.png.63e56d26dda61d7b3addd230210fad7b.png

33 minutes ago, Eric J said:

FNC for me... although I like ABC for local 6pm news... but Wow... ever see the 6:30 nightly news?  It pisses me off how Biased they are and it's National News....

If you think fox is not biased you can't be helped. It just so happens you like their view so it's ok. 

Anyone can watch any news but I would hope they can draw their own conclusions and make up their own mind. Facts are facts and interpretation of those is subjective. 

58 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Local NBC affiliate for local news, Fox for national and world news. 

Fox is unashamedly biased to the right, but just about every other one is biased to the left, most to the far left. So between the NBC affiliate and Fox, I'm keeping it fair and balanced.

I don’t watch much TV but I’ll scroll through Fox daily. Fox has gotten really bad. The headlines read like a tabloid. They draw in clicks with a wildly provocative title. If you read the read the article you often find that the headline claims were not just unsubstantiated, they’re often not even covered by the article. It’s brazen. I recognize that CNN uses a similar approach to headlines but the articles always address the claim.  In Fox it’s as though the “editor” hasn’t even bothered to read the article. Fox had a couple of terrific folks doing actual journalism. It’s a terrible shame that they couldn’t hold on to them. 

The New York Times is unbeatable. First rate journalism. They’ve had a few hiccups and missteps over the last year but they’re way ahead of the pack.

For network news, CBS does a great job and it’s as middle of the road as you’re gonna get. Anything John Dickerson covers is worth reading/watching.

For an incredible perspective on media literacy and journalism, I highly recommend the weekly podcast The Media Project: https://www.npr.org/podcasts/381444785/media-project

One of my favorite daily news podcasts was the Gist by Mike Pesca. He’s on suspension for using the n-word. I hope he resumes shortly. https://slate.com/podcasts/the-gist 

I used to stream BBC World News while doing experiments through the night and into the wee hours of the mornings. I haven’t spent much time with it over the last few years but boy was it eye opening! We really don’t cover the world adequately in America. 

While on news, I wanted to pose the question is everything that happens in Canada utterly charming. I’m waiting for the border to reopen in time for my Quebec hunt and apparently the border workers have gone on strike. But a Canadian strike isn’t a cessation of work. These border agents are simply going to do their job slowly and perhaps they’ll refuse to answer questions posed by those crossing the border. A minor inconvenience. Take that! I just love it. 

“In a work-to-rule strike, employees obey policies, procedures and laws that apply to their work, and perform their jobs to "the letter of the law," the unions wrote. That conduct includes not answering questions from travelers about border laws or gathering duties and taxes, according to Reuters.
The unions said their conduct "may cause long and unavoidable delays at Canada's borders as workers carry out their jobs as they were trained to do."
"We truly hoped we wouldn't be forced to take strike action, but we've exhausted every other avenue to reach a fair contract with the government," Chris Aylward, Public Service Alliance of Canada national president, said in a statement”